Window Media Player 11 on Vista

Locksley Young

Window Media Player 11 on Vista
Now using WMP11 on Windows Vista. Tried to brun a music cd the way I did it
on WINXP... and I could not get the start burn button to activate.. I could
only burn it from the Windows Media Center Screen. I prefer to use the
controls from Windows Media Player itself to add to burn list and then burn.
I have Windows Vista Premium.

How can I change it to how it was on WinXP?

Thanks.
Locksley

Locksley Young

Re: Window Media Player 11 on Vista
I updated my post on another forum with the following elaboration:

Thanks for your response.
Yes, I have all my music RIPed to the Windows Library already. I burn
from there on Windows XP by adding to the burn list using Windows Media
Player. The space remaining would be recalculated as I add more songs,
and the Start Burn button at the lower right would be activated (ready
to be pressed).
When I try the same process on Windows Vista, The space remaining stays
at 79%, regardless of how many songs are added to the burn list and the
Start Burn button is grayed out. However if I switch to Windows Media
Center, I can select Burn over there and alter the list and see my space
left decrementing as I add more songs and burn the CD OK.
BUT, I do not like the Windows Media Center interface and would like to
do the whole process using Windows Media Player alone.

What do I need to change for this to happen?

Thanks
Locksley

Locksley Young wrote:
> Now using WMP11 on Windows Vista. Tried to brun a music cd the way I did
> it on WINXP... and I could not get the start burn button to activate.. I
> could only burn it from the Windows Media Center Screen. I prefer to use
> the controls from Windows Media Player itself to add to burn list and
> then burn.
> I have Windows Vista Premium.
>
> How can I change it to how it was on WinXP?
>
> Thanks.
> Locksley

Locksley Young

Re: Window Media Player 11 on Vista
I got it working the way I like it now. I made the default action for
blank cd: Burn with Windows Media Player... and that did the trick.

Thanks
Locksley