TV Tuners and Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center

Gfish180

TV Tuners and Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center
I have KWorld ATSc PCI 120. The program that comes with the device is the
AcrSoft Total Media 3. I can watch analog TV in that application ONLY. I want
to be able to use the tuner with Media Center. The installation disc for the
device gave me a Media Center Encoder from Cyberlink. It only works for the
ATSC (digital tv). How can I get my tuner card to work with Media Center? (I
alreay download kb 979011 and it says, "The update does not apply to your
system." The KWorld company recommended this hot fix. My computer is Windows
Vista Ultimate the update is for Windows Vista.)
scroogle

Re: TV Tuners and Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center

Gfish180;535886 Wrote:
> I have KWorld ATSc PCI 120. The program that comes with the device is
> the
> AcrSoft Total Media 3. I can watch analog TV in that application ONLY.
> I want
> to be able to use the tuner with Media Center. The installation disc
> for the
> device gave me a Media Center Encoder from Cyberlink. It only works for
> the
> ATSC (digital tv). How can I get my tuner card to work with Media
> Center? (I
> alreay download kb 979011 and it says, "The update does not apply to
> your
> system." The KWorld company recommended this hot fix. My computer is
> Windows
> Vista Ultimate the update is for Windows Vista.)

I have the same problem ...have you figured it out?

--
scroogle
Curious

Re: TV Tuners and Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center
I see 2 potential problems:
1. The card does not have an MPEG2 encoder chip so it does not have a MC
driver that provides NTSC analog video in encoded format and MC therefore
will not recognize it,
2. The card is a hybrid tuner card meaning that only one tuner can be used
concurrently. MC will not configure both of them since it can not use them
at the same time. (record on one watch the other)
"scroogle" <scroogle.32xp94@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Gfish180;535886 Wrote:
>> I have KWorld ATSc PCI 120. The program that comes with the device is
>> the
>> AcrSoft Total Media 3. I can watch analog TV in that application ONLY.
>> I want
>> to be able to use the tuner with Media Center. The installation disc
>> for the
>> device gave me a Media Center Encoder from Cyberlink. It only works for
>> the
>> ATSC (digital tv). How can I get my tuner card to work with Media
>> Center? (I
>> alreay download kb 979011 and it says, "The update does not apply to
>> your
>> system." The KWorld company recommended this hot fix. My computer is
>> Windows
>> Vista Ultimate the update is for Windows Vista.)

> I have the same problem ...have you figured it out?
>

> --
> scroogle

Gfish180

Re: TV Tuners and Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center
How can I get an MPEG2 Encoder chip driver? In other words, how can I solve
the problem?

-Thanks