cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button

yulung

cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button
the windows media player screen closes but the movie or music clip just keeps
on playing in the background, when i open up the player again, it keeps on
playing the movie until i click on stop.

Robert Riemer

RE: cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button
I have the same problem, any answers???

"yulung" wrote:

> the windows media player screen closes but the movie or music clip just keeps
> on playing in the background, when i open up the player again, it keeps on
> playing the movie until i click on stop.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button

Click Stop before closing it. This is being researched, SP1 may have
improved behavior here.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"yulung" <yulung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the windows media player screen closes but the movie or music clip just
> keeps
> on playing in the background, when i open up the player again, it keeps on
> playing the movie until i click on stop.

destroy1

Re: cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button

if anyone still has this problem then heres what i did....go to task
manager and go to the processes tab.....scroll down and end
wmplayer.exe....now turn on wmp and it will say something like wmp wasnt
closed properly....forget bout that and there you have it....if it
doesnt work then :cry:

--
destroy1
zachd [MSFT]

Re: cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button

If it's not closing when you tell it to close, that indicates that something
still running on your system told the player not to close yet. So you'd
want to figure out what that was so you don't accidentally break whatever
other service/device is trying to use the player.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"destroy1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> if anyone still has this problem then heres what i did....go to task
> manager and go to the processes tab.....scroll down and end
> wmplayer.exe....now turn on wmp and it will say something like wmp wasnt
> closed properly....forget bout that and there you have it....if it
> doesnt work then :cry:
>

> --
> destroy1

GDNZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: cannot close windows media player when i click the 'close' button
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulung View Post
the windows media player screen closes but the movie or music clip just keeps on playing in the background, when i open up the player again, it keeps on playing the movie until i click on stop.

As Zachd has explained, the item playing (music or video) needs to shut down to prevent possible data loss before you shut down WMPlayer. Simply click on the red X beside the media that's "Now playing" then click on the white X top RH corner to close WMPlayer.