Duplicate photos in Windows Photo Gallery

buzbom21

Duplicate photos in Windows Photo Gallery
When I try to import new photos off of my CF card onto Photo Gallery it is
importing the whole card instead of just the new photos and saving them under
the new ta. I have hundreds and hundreds of duplicates and really only need
one copy of each. What's up?
Paul Smith

Re: Duplicate photos in Windows Photo Gallery
"buzbom21" <buzbom21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to import new photos off of my CF card onto Photo Gallery it is
> importing the whole card instead of just the new photos and saving them
> under
> the new ta. I have hundreds and hundreds of duplicates and really only
> need
> one copy of each. What's up?

The included Photo Gallery can only import everything at once, which is
kinda stupid. However Windows 'Live' Photo Gallery, can allow you to select
the images to import.

That can be downloaded from www.windowslive.com, essentially its identical
to Photo Gallery, except it has a few extra features, like automatic
panoramic stitching, few more options to tweak the images, better import and
options to upload to online locations.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Jume

Re: Duplicate photos in Windows Photo Gallery
should not be doing that (i guess you know that already)

could it be that the camera update some field in the photos thus making them
"different"? to be on the safe side, try importing once, then remove the
card, insert it again and import a second time

tell us if that second time it does import everything again or nothing at
all

delete old photos or just delete on youo