animated gifs

=?Utf-8?B?RG9yZXk=?=

animated gifs
I am a teacher. I have been using windows xp for the past three years and I
have been quite pleased with it. I made many powerpoint shows (using office
2003) on my xp computer that contain animated gifs to teach and illustrate
concepts and processes for my science classes. My xp computer harddrive
space was filling up after three years and I just purchased a new computer
with Vista home premium. I expected that Vista would make my powerpoint
shows fly faster and smoother...but NONE of the animated gifs I have used
will display, they are static...not very impressive to middle school students
nor to me! I have read the community postings where someone suggested using
IE to view animated gifs....and I say you have gotta be kidding! Just how am
I supposed to do that during a powerpoint show? Why should I have to jump
through extra hoops to view something on this (supposedly great) new Vista
that worked fine on the xp? Tomorrow I am supposed to make a presentation
for a group of teachers and now my PPT won't display as I intended on my new
Vista computer...oh well guess I will take my Xp and warn off anyone who
plans to buy a Vista upgrade until you guys get the bugs out.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
Barry

Re: animated gifs
I ran into the same problem with Power Point. I also found that the default
viewer for photos (MS Photo Editor) will not open large photo files. If I
have a photo file that's in the 3-4 MB range or larger, I get an error
message that says "unable to read file" (or something similar). I have had
to change my default photo program to Adobe Photoshop CS2,
which takes longer to load. I also notice that in the Windows Contact
program, the ability to put photos into the contacts is limited. The top
half of any photo I put in is faded, regardless of the file size of
the photo. I could go on...I can't get the screen saver to come on, I have
difficulty with many of my programs. I found issues with XP when it first
came out but nothing that compares with Vista.

I feel like a "computer software crash dummy"

Barry

"Dorey" <Dorey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a teacher. I have been using windows xp for the past three years and
> have been quite pleased with it. I made many powerpoint shows (using
> office
> 2003) on my xp computer that contain animated gifs to teach and illustrate
> concepts and processes for my science classes. My xp computer harddrive
> space was filling up after three years and I just purchased a new computer
> with Vista home premium. I expected that Vista would make my powerpoint
> shows fly faster and smoother...but NONE of the animated gifs I have used
> will display, they are static...not very impressive to middle school
> students
> nor to me! I have read the community postings where someone suggested
> using
> IE to view animated gifs....and I say you have gotta be kidding! Just how
> am
> I supposed to do that during a powerpoint show? Why should I have to jump
> through extra hoops to view something on this (supposedly great) new Vista
> that worked fine on the xp? Tomorrow I am supposed to make a presentation
> for a group of teachers and now my PPT won't display as I intended on my
> new
> Vista computer...oh well guess I will take my Xp and warn off anyone who
> plans to buy a Vista upgrade until you guys get the bugs out.

> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video

iliopl

Re: animated gifs

The problem stops if you install your old version of PowerPoint from XP
to your VISTA and view your presentations throught it.

--
iliopl