Print pictures forces landscape orientation

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tYXpM?=

Print pictures forces landscape orientation
Hi!

If I try to print a picture of received fax.tif via Windows Photo Gallery...
Print... option it forces landscape orientation even if I explicitly set it
to portrait in printer options.

Unchecking Fit picture to frame does not help, it does however shows correct
orientation for a moment but it is immediately changed back to landscape in
preview. Printed picture is then of course very distorted. I have tried this
with 5 different printers. No go ...

How can I force portrait orientation with Fit picture to frame (1 fax image
printed per page)?

Thank you for any help,
Tomaz
JW

Re: Print pictures forces landscape orientation
Have the pictures you are trying to print already been rotated 90 degrees in
Photo Gallery?
If not then I believe all you are selecting in the print function is the
aspect ratio for printing and not an actual picture orientation.
"TomazL" <TomazL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> If I try to print a picture of received fax.tif via Windows Photo
> Gallery...
> Print... option it forces landscape orientation even if I explicitly set
> it
> to portrait in printer options.
>
> Unchecking Fit picture to frame does not help, it does however shows
> correct
> orientation for a moment but it is immediately changed back to landscape
> in
> preview. Printed picture is then of course very distorted. I have tried
> this
> with 5 different printers. No go ...
>
> How can I force portrait orientation with Fit picture to frame (1 fax
> image
> printed per page)?
>
> Thank you for any help,
> Tomaz

=?Utf-8?B?Y211bHZhbmV5?=

Re: Print pictures forces landscape orientation
This apparently is a known issue. I have the same problem. I receive tif
image as a fax but when I try to print Windows Photo Gallery sets the image
default in landscape. I am going to try to install a photo printing program
and try to avoid Windows Photo Gallery until MS fixes this bug. You can try
this link to see if they come up with a solution. I sure hope they do soon. I
will reply if I have success.
http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?p=62008

"JW" wrote:

> Have the pictures you are trying to print already been rotated 90 degrees in
> Photo Gallery?
> If not then I believe all you are selecting in the print function is the
> aspect ratio for printing and not an actual picture orientation.
> "TomazL" <TomazL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > If I try to print a picture of received fax.tif via Windows Photo
> > Gallery...
> > Print... option it forces landscape orientation even if I explicitly set
> > it
> > to portrait in printer options.
> >
> > Unchecking Fit picture to frame does not help, it does however shows
> > correct
> > orientation for a moment but it is immediately changed back to landscape
> > in
> > preview. Printed picture is then of course very distorted. I have tried
> > this
> > with 5 different printers. No go ...
> >
> > How can I force portrait orientation with Fit picture to frame (1 fax
> > image
> > printed per page)?
> >
> > Thank you for any help,
> > Tomaz

DJTentman

Re: Print pictures forces landscape orientation

I have been having this issue as well. So far their seems to be no fix.
The guys at petri.co.il have not found a fix either. I hope Microsoft
gets on this issue.

--
DJTentman
ingel

Re: Print pictures forces landscape orientation

hi,

i face the problem too. did they meanwhile come with a solution?

Thanks,

Peter Ingelse

--
ingel