=?Utf-8?Q?Earphones_dosen=C2=B4t_turn_off_the_i?==?Utf-8?Q?n-built_speakers?=

=?Utf-8?B?THVjYQ==?=

=?Utf-8?Q?Earphones_dosen=C2=B4t_turn_off_the_i?==?Utf-8?Q?n-built_speakers?=
I have Windows Vista Bussines. When I try to connect an earphones to the
stereo jack, the in-built speakers of my HP Portable PC still makes sounds.
So, I can't listen to music in a quiet enviroment with earphones without
making some noice.
How can I configure my in-Built Intel AC'97 soundcard so I can switch
between earphones and speakers?
=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

=?Utf-8?Q?RE:_Earphones_dosen=C2=B4t_turn_off_t?==?Utf-8?Q?he_in-built_speakers?=
Hello Luca-

That's usually a function of hardware, not software... did it switch back
and forth before you upgraded to Vista? What happens when you try a
different pair of speakers or headphones?

-Sean

"Luca" wrote:

> I have Windows Vista Bussines. When I try to connect an earphones to the
> stereo jack, the in-built speakers of my HP Portable PC still makes sounds.
> So, I can't listen to music in a quiet enviroment with earphones without
> making some noice.
> How can I configure my in-Built Intel AC'97 soundcard so I can switch
> between earphones and speakers?

SunilM

Re: Earphones dosen´t turn off the in-built speakers

I have the same issue as Luca. I plug in the head phones and the speaker
does not go on mute. This happened only after installing Vista on my
laptop

Any help will greatly help.

Thanks
Sunil

--
SunilM
SunilM's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23827

http://forums.techarena.in

=?Utf-8?B?U2F2aXo=?=

=?Utf-8?Q?Re:_Earphones_dosen=C3=82=C2=B4t_turn_off_?==? Utf-8?Q?the_in-built_speakers?=
Guys I have the problem (Window XP), cant find any solution please let me
know if you find something...

--
Saviz

"SunilM" wrote:

> I have the same issue as Luca. I plug in the head phones and the speaker
> does not go on mute. This happened only after installing Vista on my
> laptop
>
> Any help will greatly help.
>
> Thanks
> Sunil
>

> --
> SunilM
> SunilM's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=23827
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=692832
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

vveinee

Re: Earphones dosen´t turn off the in-built speakers

My USB earphone when plug in, doesn't turn off the speaker, help!!

--
vveinee
vveinee's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26379
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=692832

http://forums.techarena.in

RoguePossum

Re: Earphones dosen´t turn off the in-built speakers

Hey guys,
The problem you face is Vista Itself. When you have your headphones
plugged in right click the sound icon in the system tray and choose
play back devices. Then right click the device you wish to hear sound
through and choose "set as default device". What a pain in the bum
huh! You may also find that youll need to exit out of the current app
that you are trying to listen to as it doesnt automatically recognize
the change of device. Hope this helps.
Rogue Possum

--
RoguePossum
RoguePossum's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27607
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=692832

http://forums.techarena.in

Cal Bear '66

Re: Earphones dosen´t turn off the in-built speakers
Not always true -- some manufacturer's audio adapter drivers will automatically
mute speakers and switch the audio output to the headphones when they are
plugged in.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"RoguePossum" <RoguePossum.2tatzk@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hey guys,
> The problem you face is Vista Itself. When you have your headphones
> plugged in right click the sound icon in the system tray and choose
> play back devices. Then right click the device you wish to hear sound
> through and choose "set as default device". What a pain in the bum
> huh! You may also find that youll need to exit out of the current app
> that you are trying to listen to as it doesnt automatically recognize
> the change of device. Hope this helps.
> Rogue Possum
>

> --
> RoguePossum
> RoguePossum's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27607
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=692832
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

PapaJohn

Re: Earphones dosen´t turn off the in-built speakers
I agree... my low end $399 Toshiba Satellite L35 automatically switches to
the earphones, and back when I unplug them.

PapaJohn

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Not always true -- some manufacturer's audio adapter drivers will
> automatically mute speakers and switch the audio output to the headphones
> when they are plugged in.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "RoguePossum" <RoguePossum.2tatzk@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hey guys,
>> The problem you face is Vista Itself. When you have your headphones
>> plugged in right click the sound icon in the system tray and choose
>> play back devices. Then right click the device you wish to hear sound
>> through and choose "set as default device". What a pain in the bum
>> huh! You may also find that youll need to exit out of the current app
>> that you are trying to listen to as it doesnt automatically recognize
>> the change of device. Hope this helps.
>> Rogue Possum
>>

>> --
>> RoguePossum
>> RoguePossum's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=27607
>> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=692832
>>
>> http://forums.techarena.in

tgarlie

Re: Earphones dosen´t turn off the in-built speakers

I have exactly the same Vista Business and would appreciate any
suggestions.

--
tgarlie
dzomlija

Luca;206154 Wrote:
> I have Windows Vista Bussines. When I try to connect an earphones to the
> stereo jack, the in-built speakers of my HP Portable PC still makes
> sounds. So, I can't listen to music in a quiet enviroment with earphones
> without making some noice.
> How can I configure my in-Built Intel AC'97 soundcard so I can switch
> between earphones and speakers?

While this function is usually in hardware, the AC'97 (and later sound
chips) had programmable audio in/out ports, which is controlled by the
drivers.

Have you tried updating the drivers for the AC'97 sound card? These
will usually be found at the motheboard manufacturers website.

--
dzomlija

____________________________________
Peter Alexander Dzomlija
Do you hear, huh? The Alpha and The Omega? Death and Rebirth? -And as
you die, so shall I be Reborn-...

- ASUS A8N32-SLI-Deluxe
- AMD Atlon 64 Dual-Core 4800+
- 4GB DDR400
- ASUS nVidia 6600
- Thermaltake Tai-Chi Watercooled Chassis
- 1207GB Total Formatted Storage
- Vista Ultimate x64
- CodeGear Delphi 2007'http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/' (http://dzomlija.spaces.live.com/)