Zune Player Help

Janae Phillips

Zune Player Help
Hello,

Transferring music from iTunes:
I just got the 30GB Zune player a couple weeks ago and am trying to set it up. I used to be an iPod user but just bought a new dual processor HP laptop so decided I would stick strictly PC on this computer. Since the info says iTunes can be transferred and it has video capabilities with a much wider screen I took the chance and got the Zune. Well iTunes music only transferred a handful of my 2 months worth of playing songs--none of which are my current faves. I tried burning an mp3 but could not. I can burn a data disk but have to type the song info and locate album artwork myself. I really do not want to have to purchase my songs all over again so does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Suggestions please.

Transferring videos/downloading videos:
Is anyone just as frustrated as I am .... Why would MS come out with an iPod-like Video music player, and not have any Zune-compatible services to get the videos from? Is MS ever going to offer video downloads that are compatiable with Zune (since this is their new iPod-like player)? Itunes vidoes will not transfer to Zune. Zune marketplace does not have any to purchase, and I cannot find any compatible music video subscriptions (not even URGE w/Mediaplayer-this is MS service so this is so dumb!). All I can find are converters that look difficult and I am not sure if it is legal to do that anyway. I am ok with computer stuff, more Apple then PC, but not great with understanding converting music and videos. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get video on my Zune player? So far only pics and video podcasts will load to the Zune player.

Thanks,
--
Lani

shawncm217

RE: Zune Player Help
The MPAA recently stated that ripping for DVDs for personal use on portable
media players and home media servers is ok. So, I would recommend M2Convert
for Zune.

http://www.m2solutionsinc.com/