downloading picutres

=?Utf-8?B?Y29yaW5uZQ==?=

downloading picutres
my pictures are over 2mb, i need to make them under 600k, how do i do that?
Mike Byrns

Re: downloading picutres
I'm going to assume that this is to get past an email attachment limitation.
Either way this method will work.

1) Make sure all the pictures you are interested in show up when you select
Pictures from the Start menu. If they're not in there or in a folder that's
in there then you'll have to move them there for almost anything in Vista to
work with them.

2) Start Windows Photo Gallery and select the picture(s) you are interested
in.

3) Click the E-mail toolbar button and change the size of the pictures until
they estimated size is close to what you need.

4) Click OK and your email program will come up with the resized images
attached. If this is Windows Mail you can just drag the resized images from
the email message to the desktop so you can use them in another program.

Lemme know if this helped!

"corinne" <corinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my pictures are over 2mb, i need to make them under 600k, how do i do
> that?

=?Utf-8?B?Y29yaW5uZQ==?=

Re: downloading picutres
i guess i should have been more specific. i am trying to download the
pictures to my myspace account and it's telling me they're too big.
everything you've suggested worked so far, but i can't email them out because
i don't know the host name of my yahoo account. in case you haven't guessed
yet, i'm pretty computer illiterate...any more suggestions??
thanks

"Mike Byrns" wrote:

> I'm going to assume that this is to get past an email attachment limitation.
> Either way this method will work.
>
> 1) Make sure all the pictures you are interested in show up when you select
> Pictures from the Start menu. If they're not in there or in a folder that's
> in there then you'll have to move them there for almost anything in Vista to
> work with them.
>
> 2) Start Windows Photo Gallery and select the picture(s) you are interested
> in.
>
> 3) Click the E-mail toolbar button and change the size of the pictures until
> they estimated size is close to what you need.
>
> 4) Click OK and your email program will come up with the resized images
> attached. If this is Windows Mail you can just drag the resized images from
> the email message to the desktop so you can use them in another program.
>
> Lemme know if this helped!
>
> "corinne" <corinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my pictures are over 2mb, i need to make them under 600k, how do i do
> > that?

Mike Byrns

Re: downloading picutres
You're trying to UPload them to MySpace, right?

You don't need to actually e-mail them. Just let Vista resize them for you
and add them to an email message. Before mail will let you do that you'll
need to give it some bogus email info since Yahoo doesn't let you access
it's mail through POP anymore. Not knowing the host name is OK since
there's not a host name available for this.

Do everything like before but this time put in anything for name, email
address, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, account and password.
Make sure to check "Do not download mail from account now". When you click
Finish, the message window will appear with the file(s) attached.

Select the image(s) and drag them to the desktop. Now you should be able to
upload them from desktop to MySpace.

Let me try to cook up a method that doesn't involve this mail hack. Stay
tuned...

>i guess i should have been more specific. i am trying to download the
> pictures to my myspace account and it's telling me they're too big.
> everything you've suggested worked so far, but i can't email them out
> because
> i don't know the host name of my yahoo account. in case you haven't
> guessed
> yet, i'm pretty computer illiterate...any more suggestions??
> thanks
>
> "Mike Byrns" wrote:
>
>> I'm going to assume that this is to get past an email attachment
>> limitation.
>> Either way this method will work.
>>
>> 1) Make sure all the pictures you are interested in show up when you
>> select
>> Pictures from the Start menu. If they're not in there or in a folder
>> that's
>> in there then you'll have to move them there for almost anything in Vista
>> work with them.
>>
>> 2) Start Windows Photo Gallery and select the picture(s) you are
>> interested
>> in.
>>
>> 3) Click the E-mail toolbar button and change the size of the pictures
>> until
>> they estimated size is close to what you need.
>>
>> 4) Click OK and your email program will come up with the resized images
>> attached. If this is Windows Mail you can just drag the resized images
>> from
>> the email message to the desktop so you can use them in another program.
>>
>> Lemme know if this helped!
>>
>> "corinne" <corinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > my pictures are over 2mb, i need to make them under 600k, how do i do
>> > that?

Mike Byrns

Re: downloading picutres
So I looked around an so far the only built-in way I've found is how I
normally do it in any version of Windows. Let's start back at the Windows
Photo Gallery and this time we have to select each image one at a time.

From the Windows Photo Gallery toolbar click Open, Paint. When the Paint
window comes up select Image, Resize/Skew from the menu. Change the values
for Horizontal and Vertical resize. This requires a little tiny bit of
light math

Reducing to 50% for both Horizontal and Vertical will shrink your image to
25% of it's size. It's probably the best choice for a lot of different
reasons so if it works for you then go with it. You can try other values
here but remember to keep both Horizontal and Vertical values the same or
you'll stretch out your picture (technically called altering the aspect
ratio).

Now just select File, Save As... from the Paint menu and change the name.
For example, you could put "(small)" after the original name and that would
probably work best for you. You can check the size back in Windows Photo
Gallery by selecting the (small) image and clicking Info in the toolbar. It
will open a pane to the right that will show the file size.

If you've followed all this you're not that much of a newbie (computer
illiterate). You knew basics like how to select things, what a toolbar is,
and where to find the menu.

If you need any more help just post back here tonight. I should be around
for a few hours more...

"corinne" <corinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i guess i should have been more specific. i am trying to download the
> pictures to my myspace account and it's telling me they're too big.
> everything you've suggested worked so far, but i can't email them out
> because
> i don't know the host name of my yahoo account. in case you haven't
> guessed
> yet, i'm pretty computer illiterate...any more suggestions??
> thanks
>
> "Mike Byrns" wrote:
>
>> I'm going to assume that this is to get past an email attachment
>> limitation.
>> Either way this method will work.
>>
>> 1) Make sure all the pictures you are interested in show up when you
>> select
>> Pictures from the Start menu. If they're not in there or in a folder
>> that's
>> in there then you'll have to move them there for almost anything in Vista
>> work with them.
>>
>> 2) Start Windows Photo Gallery and select the picture(s) you are
>> interested
>> in.
>>
>> 3) Click the E-mail toolbar button and change the size of the pictures
>> until
>> they estimated size is close to what you need.
>>
>> 4) Click OK and your email program will come up with the resized images
>> attached. If this is Windows Mail you can just drag the resized images
>> from
>> the email message to the desktop so you can use them in another program.
>>
>> Lemme know if this helped!
>>
>> "corinne" <corinne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > my pictures are over 2mb, i need to make them under 600k, how do i do
>> > that?

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uIEsu?=

RE: downloading picutres
CHANGE YOUR FORMAT