SlideShow Producing A Black Screen

Stephen Meyer

SlideShow Producing A Black Screen
O/S: Vista Ultimate 64
Graphics Card: 6800 GT
ForceWare Version: 100.65

The "SlideShow" option when viewing images produces a blank, black screen.
It seems like it's trying to display the images because the screen will
remain black for a period of time. Sometimes I need to hit ESC to close it
and other times it'll close on its own, so in this way it's kind of
confusing.

This problem began when I chose the "Album" setting from what I think was
the "Style" options.

Is there a way that I can select a different style of displaying the images
without loading the slide show itself? Perhaps I could get rid of the black
screen if I could choose another option, but I don't know how to do that
since the GUI never appears.

It is not possible to bring up a GUI while the slide show is ... for lack of
a better word ... active. Not by hitting the mouse nor by pressing any
keys.

Any work arounds for this?

Thanks for any info,
~Steph

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: SlideShow Producing A Black Screen
Hi Stephen,

See if this helps:

Unable to access Theme controls in Photo Gallery Slideshow in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/150/1/

--
Regards,

Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

"Stephen Meyer" <talis26@gmail.com> wrote in message news:edjSfzIWHHA.1360@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
[...]

Barry

Re: SlideShow Producing A Black Screen
See my answer to the similar "screen saver" question. Try setting the time
that the screen saver comes on from the default 10 minutes to 8 minutes (or
less if you have to).

Barry