ZUNE DRIVER

=?Utf-8?B?QmVhdQ==?=

ZUNE DRIVER
I just upgraded from XP to Vista premium and now my zune software on my
computer does not recognize my zune device when attached. It says I need to
download the software driver. I try to do it and it is not found. Under my
device manager my Zune is listred as an unkown device. I have tried just
about everyhting. Any help would be great.
Jonathan Yaniv

Re: ZUNE DRIVER
Hello,

Try this website, see if it helps at all: http://www.modaco.com/zunevista

Tell me if that works.

--

Have a nice day,

Jonathan Yaniv
Microsoft Windows Liveâ„¢ Butterfly Expert

Visit the ButterflySays Blog at
http://spaces.msn.com/ButterflySays/

"Beau" <Beau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from XP to Vista premium and now my zune software on my
> computer does not recognize my zune device when attached. It says I need
> download the software driver. I try to do it and it is not found. Under my
> device manager my Zune is listred as an unkown device. I have tried just
> about everyhting. Any help would be great.

Dale

Re: ZUNE DRIVER
I understand that you can download the Vista driver directly from Zune.

Dale

"Beau" <Beau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from XP to Vista premium and now my zune software on my
> computer does not recognize my zune device when attached. It says I need
> download the software driver. I try to do it and it is not found. Under my
> device manager my Zune is listred as an unkown device. I have tried just
> about everyhting. Any help would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?QmVhdQ==?=

Re: ZUNE DRIVER
Jonathan I tried eveything that was written but whe it prompted my to
"extract here" I did that but couold not get the .MSI file. NO GOOD but
thanks. I guess I will keep trying. This is very frustating.

Dale I download the software from Zune and it tells me I have the latest but
when I plug my device in it tells me I need the driver.

"Dale" wrote:

> I understand that you can download the Vista driver directly from Zune.
>
> Dale
>
> "Beau" <Beau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just upgraded from XP to Vista premium and now my zune software on my
> > computer does not recognize my zune device when attached. It says I need
> > download the software driver. I try to do it and it is not found. Under my
> > device manager my Zune is listred as an unkown device. I have tried just
> > about everyhting. Any help would be great.

Dale

Re: ZUNE DRIVER
Try uninstalling what you have and then download from Zune.

Dale

> Jonathan I tried eveything that was written but whe it prompted my to
> "extract here" I did that but couold not get the .MSI file. NO GOOD but
> thanks. I guess I will keep trying. This is very frustating.
>
> Dale I download the software from Zune and it tells me I have the latest
> but
> when I plug my device in it tells me I need the driver.
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
>> I understand that you can download the Vista driver directly from Zune.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> "Beau" <Beau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I just upgraded from XP to Vista premium and now my zune software on my
>> > computer does not recognize my zune device when attached. It says I
>> > need
>> > download the software driver. I try to do it and it is not found. Under
>> > my
>> > device manager my Zune is listred as an unkown device. I have tried
>> > just
>> > about everyhting. Any help would be great.

Janae Phillips

Re: ZUNE DRIVER
That is strange. I also have Windows Vista and received a Zune for my
Valentine's gift from my hubby (probably more for him then me). My Zune
player seems to be working ok and has not requested I download a new driver.
Did you manage to figure out the problem yet? Please let us know if you do
just in case we eventually have the same problem.

On another subject about Zune,

Do you know why Microsoft does not have videos for us to purchase or
download from the Zune Marketplace? I have this amazing Zune player to play
videos on but no compatible place to add them to my Zune. Also, the
advertisements say iTunes music can transfer to Zune but only a few of my
songs transferred. What is worse it that my iTunes video's cannot be
transferred to my Zune either. I had an iPod mini and planned on getting the
Video version but decided to go with Zune since I just purchased a new PC
laptop. Anyone have suggestions on how to get movies without getting all
those converters that I don't know are even legal?

Thanks,
Janae

"Beau" <Beau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded from XP to Vista premium and now my zune software on my
> computer does not recognize my zune device when attached. It says I need
> download the software driver. I try to do it and it is not found. Under my
> device manager my Zune is listred as an unkown device. I have tried just
> about everyhting. Any help would be great.

Dale

Re: ZUNE DRIVER
The Zune player was released long before it was ready. Microsoft has even
stated that they didn't expect large sales because the services weren't
ready yet. I think they just wanted it out before Vista or before
Christmas; who knows.

The large screen is cool, but of limited value when there's not much to
display on it. Other than that, I can't think of a single reason to buy a
Zune.

Dale