M4A media files

Gillian

M4A media files
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but here it goes.

I've just recntly istalled Vista Home premium onto my PC as well as iTunes.
We also have an Xbox 360 which I'm hoping to ink up so we can play music
through the xbox if need be.

The problem is at the moment I'm scanning folders for music files but Media
Centre does not seem to be able to pick M4A files (which itunes create). Any
advice?

Thanks in advance :-)
Michael

Re: M4A media files
Checkout Wiki
[[[http://www.wiki.com/results1.htm?cx=...%3B&as_q=on]]]
this is the search URL for m4a.

M4P files are iTunes protected media format in AAC audio codec. M4A files
are the same but without the protection. If the M4P audio files in question
are the purchased, DRM'd downloads from iTunes, check HOWTO Convert from
iTunes [http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Convert_from_iTunes]. Go to that page
and get edumacated for the Xbox 360 to work for you.

If you want to play unprotected M4A files, just emerge the latest version of
media-libs/faad2 with xmms use variable.

AAC is also the standard audio format for Sony’s PlayStation 3 and the
MPEG-4 video standard. Optional iPod Support (playback of unprotected AAC
files) for the Xbox 360 is available as a free download from Xbox Live.
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live]

Xbox and Xbox 360 was designed for broadband purposes that is the reasoning
for the ethernet portals. Subscriptions to these services would be necessary
(no free account Windows Live works). Since the Xbox and Xbox 360 both
include a built-in ethernet port, individuals can access Xbox Live simply by
connecting a cable directly to their high-speed Internet device. However,
many users have a more elaborate local area network configuration. Such
configurations often take advantage of wireless access, or allow multiple
machines to share a single Internet connection (via Network address
translation). While Universal Plug and Play attempts to address the needs of
advanced users, not all devices support this (or support it properly). As
such, manual system configuration and trouble-shooting is sometimes
required.

The official Microsoft site offers solutions to common errors such as "IP
Failed", or "MTU Failed". Another website that offers a free support service
is Xbox Live The Guide, which also covers a number of common issues.
Additionally, users can often seek help from each other in online internet
forums. Common topics include how to assign a static IP address, as well as
how to make of use of router DMZs, port forwarding, or port triggering.

One common solution to the "IP address failed" error is to request a
separate IP address from one's ISP. For service providers which provide more
than one IP address per broadband connection, this then makes many of the
issues of Network address translation (NAT) moot. In many cases, this can be
done with a phone call to technical support and finished in just a few
minutes.

Xbox Live itself uses a number of inbound and outbound ports on the Xbox and
Xbox 360. Therefore, a number of ports need to be automatically or manually
forwarded to the console if it is behind a restrictive firewall. The system
makes common use of the following ports and ranges:

Kerberos UDP 88
Send and receive UDP/TCP 3074
DNS queries UDP 53
Peer queries UDP 6500