limewire

=?Utf-8?B?Y2luZHlfbW9saW5h?=

limewire
i have the microsoft vista home premium edition and i have downloaded
limewire on my computer but for some reason it will never connect it keeps
saying it has detected a firewall even though i have turned all the
firewall's off. What can i do to get limewire to work?
=?Utf-8?B?UG93ZWxs?=

RE: limewire
Hi cindy_molina:
When you downloaded Limewire you should have seen an inquiry screen asking
if you wanted to let Limewire through the firewall. If you missed it, or
clicked the wrong response, open the control panel and under security you
should see a message saying : " Allow a program through Windows Firewall"
Click to open and give permission. This should open the Windows Firewall
Settings screen. Click the 'exceptions' tab and look for Limewire. If it is
there, then there will also be a checkbox. Check it on and you should be O.K.
If there is no box for Limewire then try downloading it again, but make sure
you give permission for it to bypass the firewall.
Hope this helps
PBL

"cindy_molina" wrote:

> i have the microsoft vista home premium edition and i have downloaded
> limewire on my computer but for some reason it will never connect it keeps
> saying it has detected a firewall even though i have turned all the
> firewall's off. What can i do to get limewire to work?

knightize

Re: limewire

I am also having problems with this. I did give the okay for limewire to
go through the firewall when that option came up upon downloading, and
wasn't having any problems until last night. Now it keeps showing the
brick wall and not giving me access. I've checked with windows security
and limewire does have a check in the box. Any ideas?

--
knightize