Saved Pictures on DVD or ClD's are not recognized in Vista.

=?Utf-8?B?Qm91bHdhcmU=?=

Saved Pictures on DVD or ClD's are not recognized in Vista.
Before upgrading to Vista, I saved all of my picture files on a DVD and a CD.
After installing Vista, the files do not show up on the CD. The folder is
there but shows no files. The disks shows the correct 4.2GB of data used, but
you cannot view the files. Video files appear without any problems, only
picture files.

I have put both the DVD and the CD's in another computer with XP and they
show up with no problems.

Any assistance would be great!

--
Thanks,

Boulware
Barry

Re: Saved Pictures on DVD or ClD's are not recognized in Vista.
I've been having problems with the MS Photo Editor's inability to open high
resolution photo images (in .jpg format) in Vista. However, in XP, the
program opened high resolution images. The cut-off seems to be about 3-4mbs
in file size. Above that and I get an error message. I had to change the
default program for opening images to Photoshop CS2...but I should not have
to. I'm trying to find out why Vista's version of MS Photo Editor has
limitations. It shouldn't. However, your problem may be that your image
file sizes are larger than the Vista MS Photo Editor will open. Try opening
them in another program other than MS Photo Editor. You may find that it's
a problem with Vista's MS Photo Editor program. If you find a fix, let me
know...

Regards
Barry

"Boulware" <Boulware@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Before upgrading to Vista, I saved all of my picture files on a DVD and a
> CD.
> After installing Vista, the files do not show up on the CD. The folder is
> there but shows no files. The disks shows the correct 4.2GB of data used,
> but
> you cannot view the files. Video files appear without any problems, only
> picture files.
>
> I have put both the DVD and the CD's in another computer with XP and they
> show up with no problems.
>
> Any assistance would be great!
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Boulware

=?Utf-8?B?Qm91bHdhcmU=?=

Re: Saved Pictures on DVD or ClD's are not recognized in Vista.
Barry,

My problem was I could not read the picture images off of a DVD. I used
another computer to copy the files from the DVD's to CD's. Then Vista was
able to recognize the images and allow me to download them on my computer.
Apparently, I need to upgrade my video card in order to use the DVD
function???????
--
Thanks,

Boulware

"Barry" wrote:

> I've been having problems with the MS Photo Editor's inability to open high
> resolution photo images (in .jpg format) in Vista. However, in XP, the
> program opened high resolution images. The cut-off seems to be about 3-4mbs
> in file size. Above that and I get an error message. I had to change the
> default program for opening images to Photoshop CS2...but I should not have
> to. I'm trying to find out why Vista's version of MS Photo Editor has
> limitations. It shouldn't. However, your problem may be that your image
> file sizes are larger than the Vista MS Photo Editor will open. Try opening
> them in another program other than MS Photo Editor. You may find that it's
> a problem with Vista's MS Photo Editor program. If you find a fix, let me
> know...
>
> Regards
> Barry
>
> "Boulware" <Boulware@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Before upgrading to Vista, I saved all of my picture files on a DVD and a
> > CD.
> > After installing Vista, the files do not show up on the CD. The folder is
> > there but shows no files. The disks shows the correct 4.2GB of data used,
> > but
> > you cannot view the files. Video files appear without any problems, only
> > picture files.
> >
> > I have put both the DVD and the CD's in another computer with XP and they
> > show up with no problems.
> >
> > Any assistance would be great!
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Boulware

=?Utf-8?B?amhlbg==?=

RE: Saved Pictures on DVD or ClD's are not recognized in Vista.
I am experiencing the same problem with getting the pictures
(that I transfered onto a cd using my pc ) to show up when I access the cd
on my new laptop that has Vista. You seem to have solved your problem and
I'm hoping maybe you can give me a bit more info on how you did it.

"Boulware" wrote:

> Before upgrading to Vista, I saved all of my picture files on a DVD and a CD.
> After installing Vista, the files do not show up on the CD. The folder is
> there but shows no files. The disks shows the correct 4.2GB of data used, but
> you cannot view the files. Video files appear without any problems, only
> picture files.
>
> I have put both the DVD and the CD's in another computer with XP and they
> show up with no problems.
>
> Any assistance would be great!
>
> --
> Thanks,