Windows Media Audio Problems

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWxlcnRpbmk=?=

Windows Media Audio Problems
When I have a list of songs in my library, it will play until there are a 20
seconds left of the song and then skip and jump through until the end and
play the next song. At the end of that song, it does the same thing. If I add
one song to the list and play them one at time, I don't have any problems.
Why am I getting the skipping and jumping when I have more than one song
listed?
I hope this makes sense.
Thanks!!
Dale

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
Let me guess. You have a new Dell laptop? Or new Dell something? I think
that even Gateway has had this problem as well with Sigmatel audio drivers.
Dell has new drivers that fix the problem. Since, most likely, Dell didn't
write the drivers but packaged them from Sigmatel, they may also work with
Gateways - at your own risk if you have a Gateway. I used them on my Intel
motherboard and they worked fine.

"Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0359368-2A40-4D06-AE76-2311506F2014@microsoft.com...
> When I have a list of songs in my library, it will play until there are a
> 20
> seconds left of the song and then skip and jump through until the end and
> play the next song. At the end of that song, it does the same thing. If I
> add
> one song to the list and play them one at time, I don't have any problems.
> Why am I getting the skipping and jumping when I have more than one song
> listed?
> I hope this makes sense.
> Thanks!!

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWxlcnRpbmk=?=

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
Yes you are 100% correct. I just purchased a new Dell laptop. Where do I
download the drivers? Thanks a lot for responding!

"Dale" wrote:

> Let me guess. You have a new Dell laptop? Or new Dell something? I think
> that even Gateway has had this problem as well with Sigmatel audio drivers.
> Dell has new drivers that fix the problem. Since, most likely, Dell didn't
> write the drivers but packaged them from Sigmatel, they may also work with
> Gateways - at your own risk if you have a Gateway. I used them on my Intel
> motherboard and they worked fine.
>

> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news0359368-2A40-4D06-AE76-2311506F2014@microsoft.com...
> > When I have a list of songs in my library, it will play until there are a
> > 20
> > seconds left of the song and then skip and jump through until the end and
> > play the next song. At the end of that song, it does the same thing. If I
> > add
> > one song to the list and play them one at time, I don't have any problems.
> > Why am I getting the skipping and jumping when I have more than one song
> > listed?
> > I hope this makes sense.
> > Thanks!!

Dale

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=195629

Hope this helps,

Dale

> Yes you are 100% correct. I just purchased a new Dell laptop. Where do I
> download the drivers? Thanks a lot for responding!
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
>> Let me guess. You have a new Dell laptop? Or new Dell something? I
>> think
>> that even Gateway has had this problem as well with Sigmatel audio
>> drivers.
>> Dell has new drivers that fix the problem. Since, most likely, Dell
>> didn't
>> write the drivers but packaged them from Sigmatel, they may also work
>> with
>> Gateways - at your own risk if you have a Gateway. I used them on my
>> Intel
>> motherboard and they worked fine.
>>

>> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news0359368-2A40-4D06-AE76-2311506F2014@microsoft.com...
>> > When I have a list of songs in my library, it will play until there are
>> > 20
>> > seconds left of the song and then skip and jump through until the end
>> > and
>> > play the next song. At the end of that song, it does the same thing. If
>> > add
>> > one song to the list and play them one at time, I don't have any
>> > problems.
>> > Why am I getting the skipping and jumping when I have more than one
>> > song
>> > listed?
>> > I hope this makes sense.
>> > Thanks!!

Dale

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
I just wonder why Dell hasn't gotten those to Microsoft to be included in
Windows Update.

Dale

"Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes you are 100% correct. I just purchased a new Dell laptop. Where do I
> download the drivers? Thanks a lot for responding!
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
>> Let me guess. You have a new Dell laptop? Or new Dell something? I
>> think
>> that even Gateway has had this problem as well with Sigmatel audio
>> drivers.
>> Dell has new drivers that fix the problem. Since, most likely, Dell
>> didn't
>> write the drivers but packaged them from Sigmatel, they may also work
>> with
>> Gateways - at your own risk if you have a Gateway. I used them on my
>> Intel
>> motherboard and they worked fine.
>>

>> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news0359368-2A40-4D06-AE76-2311506F2014@microsoft.com...
>> > When I have a list of songs in my library, it will play until there are
>> > 20
>> > seconds left of the song and then skip and jump through until the end
>> > and
>> > play the next song. At the end of that song, it does the same thing. If
>> > add
>> > one song to the list and play them one at time, I don't have any
>> > problems.
>> > Why am I getting the skipping and jumping when I have more than one
>> > song
>> > listed?
>> > I hope this makes sense.
>> > Thanks!!

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWxlcnRpbmk=?=

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
Thank you VERY much!

"Dale" wrote:

> http://support.dell.com/support/down...&fileid=195629
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Dale
>
> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes you are 100% correct. I just purchased a new Dell laptop. Where do I
> > download the drivers? Thanks a lot for responding!
> >
> > "Dale" wrote:
> >
> >> Let me guess. You have a new Dell laptop? Or new Dell something? I
> >> think
> >> that even Gateway has had this problem as well with Sigmatel audio
> >> drivers.
> >> Dell has new drivers that fix the problem. Since, most likely, Dell
> >> didn't
> >> write the drivers but packaged them from Sigmatel, they may also work
> >> with
> >> Gateways - at your own risk if you have a Gateway. I used them on my
> >> Intel
> >> motherboard and they worked fine.
> >>

> >> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news0359368-2A40-4D06-AE76-2311506F2014@microsoft.com...

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWxlcnRpbmk=?=

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
I'm not sure, but I truly appreciate you sharing this with me!!!

"Dale" wrote:

> I just wonder why Dell hasn't gotten those to Microsoft to be included in
> Windows Update.
>
> Dale
>
> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes you are 100% correct. I just purchased a new Dell laptop. Where do I
> > download the drivers? Thanks a lot for responding!
> >
> > "Dale" wrote:
> >
> >> Let me guess. You have a new Dell laptop? Or new Dell something? I
> >> think
> >> that even Gateway has had this problem as well with Sigmatel audio
> >> drivers.
> >> Dell has new drivers that fix the problem. Since, most likely, Dell
> >> didn't
> >> write the drivers but packaged them from Sigmatel, they may also work
> >> with
> >> Gateways - at your own risk if you have a Gateway. I used them on my
> >> Intel
> >> motherboard and they worked fine.
> >>

> >> "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news0359368-2A40-4D06-AE76-2311506F2014@microsoft.com...

=?Utf-8?B?U3RlZWxlcnRpbmk=?=

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
Unfortunately, it didn't work. Same static and skipping at the 10 second mark
during the end of the song.
I reinstalled and lost my sound. Perhaps I'll just have to live with it.
Thanks anyway.

"Steelertini" wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I truly appreciate you sharing this with me!!!
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
> > I just wonder why Dell hasn't gotten those to Microsoft to be included in
> > Windows Update.
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > "Steelertini" <Steelertini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes you are 100% correct. I just purchased a new Dell laptop. Where do I
> > > download the drivers? Thanks a lot for responding!

Dale

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
Well, read around the groups some. You'll see that at least one other
person posted that he actually had to rebooted a few times and play several
tracks before he saw an improvement. Now how the hell that would be, I have
no clue but you might search out the problem here some more and keep trying.

Dale

> Unfortunately, it didn't work. Same static and skipping at the 10 second
> mark
> during the end of the song.
> I reinstalled and lost my sound. Perhaps I'll just have to live with it.
> Thanks anyway.
>
> "Steelertini" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure, but I truly appreciate you sharing this with me!!!
>>
>> "Dale" wrote:
>>
>> > I just wonder why Dell hasn't gotten those to Microsoft to be included
>> > in
>> > Windows Update.
>> >
>> > Dale

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZWNvb2w1MDk=?=

Re: Windows Media Audio Problems
Whoever posted that comment about rebooting several times is not alone. Vista
so far seems to be sketchy about devices. The same thing happened with my
wireless card. Every time (or most times) that I shut down or restart my
machine, the card would not start because of device manager code 10. I had to
uninstal the device, reboot the machine, let vista reinstall it (hopefully),
and then put my network key back in! Completely annoying!

Welcome to Vista!