Move Maker file to DVD Maker isnt holding scenes

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Move Maker file to DVD Maker isnt holding scenes
Hello,

I imported a video from my camcorder, cut up the movie into scenes by date
so you can just jump to the next date when watching the DVD. I then publish
to DVD which opens up Windows DVD Maker. Thats fine but I noticed that it's
not retaining the scenes how i cut them up. In movie maker I have 20 scenes,
when it imports to DVD maker it seems to re cut them in its own order and
there are only about 12 and none of them are my cuts. Is it possible to
retain my exact storyboard/timeline cut up that I made in movie make to
transfer to DVD Maker?

Thanks!
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Move Maker file to DVD Maker isnt holding scenes
Just use MovieMaker to publish it as a movie (WMV, I think). Then burn that
movie to a DVD...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I imported a video from my camcorder, cut up the movie into scenes by date
> so you can just jump to the next date when watching the DVD. I then
> publish
> to DVD which opens up Windows DVD Maker. Thats fine but I noticed that
> it's
> not retaining the scenes how i cut them up. In movie maker I have 20
> scenes,
> when it imports to DVD maker it seems to re cut them in its own order and
> there are only about 12 and none of them are my cuts. Is it possible to
> retain my exact storyboard/timeline cut up that I made in movie make to
> transfer to DVD Maker?
>
> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4=?=

Re: Move Maker file to DVD Maker isnt holding scenes
Do you mean within Movie Maker click "publish" and then click "DVD". I am
then asked to open Windows DVD Maker. The file imports just fine but it
doesnt include the scenes that i cut up in Movie Maker. Am i doing something
wrong? i dont know why it wouldnt automatically export all my changes to my
movie make project to dvd maker.

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Just use MovieMaker to publish it as a movie (WMV, I think). Then burn that
> movie to a DVD...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I imported a video from my camcorder, cut up the movie into scenes by date
> > so you can just jump to the next date when watching the DVD. I then
> > publish
> > to DVD which opens up Windows DVD Maker. Thats fine but I noticed that
> > it's
> > not retaining the scenes how i cut them up. In movie maker I have 20
> > scenes,
> > when it imports to DVD maker it seems to re cut them in its own order and
> > there are only about 12 and none of them are my cuts. Is it possible to
> > retain my exact storyboard/timeline cut up that I made in movie make to
> > transfer to DVD Maker?
> >
> > Thanks!

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Move Maker file to DVD Maker isnt holding scenes
Publish, but not to DVD...publish it to a file on your hard drive. Then run
the DVD software separately to burn that video file to the DVD...

> Do you mean within Movie Maker click "publish" and then click "DVD". I am
> then asked to open Windows DVD Maker. The file imports just fine but it
> doesnt include the scenes that i cut up in Movie Maker. Am i doing
> something
> wrong? i dont know why it wouldnt automatically export all my changes to
> my
> movie make project to dvd maker.
>
> "Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Just use MovieMaker to publish it as a movie (WMV, I think). Then burn
>> that
>> movie to a DVD...
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>
>> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I imported a video from my camcorder, cut up the movie into scenes by
>> > date
>> > so you can just jump to the next date when watching the DVD. I then
>> > publish
>> > to DVD which opens up Windows DVD Maker. Thats fine but I noticed that
>> > it's
>> > not retaining the scenes how i cut them up. In movie maker I have 20
>> > scenes,
>> > when it imports to DVD maker it seems to re cut them in its own order
>> > and
>> > there are only about 12 and none of them are my cuts. Is it possible to
>> > retain my exact storyboard/timeline cut up that I made in movie make to
>> > transfer to DVD Maker?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW5M?=

Re: Move Maker file to DVD Maker isnt holding scenes
Ive tried that and it still didnt work. DVD Maker still ignored my scenes.