iTunes and Vista

=?Utf-8?B?SklD?=

iTunes and Vista
Hi

I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over the
last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that iTunes
has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and solution
and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and then
stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same
result. any ideas please
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: iTunes and Vista
Well, it's not Microsoft's responsibility to insure a competitor's software
works, so ask Apple for a fix...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"JIC" <JIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over
> the
> last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that iTunes
> has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and solution
> and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and
> then
> stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same
> result. any ideas please

Dale

Re: iTunes and Vista
Has Apple officially released the fix that ends their suggestion to not use
iTunes with Vista?

Dale

"Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> Well, it's not Microsoft's responsibility to insure a competitor's
> software works, so ask Apple for a fix...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "JIC" <JIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over
>> the
>> last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that
>> iTunes
>> has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and
>> solution
>> and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and
>> then
>> stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same
>> result. any ideas please

=?Utf-8?B?bWZpbms4MQ==?=

RE: iTunes and Vista
I have the exact same problem!! i had that problem with ITunes and XP and
now its happening with Vista! Grrrr! Also having the same error with my
vista games which apparently is another windows glitch! Anybody have any
ideas??

"JIC" wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over the
> last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that iTunes
> has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and solution
> and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and then
> stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same
> result. any ideas please

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?=

Re: iTunes and Vista

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Well, it's not Microsoft's responsibility to insure a competitor's software
> works, so ask Apple for a fix...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "JIC" <JIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over
> > the
> > last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that iTunes
> > has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and solution
> > and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and
> > then
> > stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same
> > result. any ideas please

What a swell person you are. How do we know microsoft hasn't contributed to
the problem. Lets be honest Microsoft has never used its muscle to bully
anyone. right!! Personally all I want to know is whether Apple is doing what
they claim to be doing. Working with Microsoft to resolve the problems. I've
spent enough $$ on MS products and services over the years to deserve an
answer to that.
Debra Lichtenwalner

Re: iTunes and Vista
in article 52BB0622-4074-4C5E-AF9A-849EAB458EF8@microsoft.com, Scott at
Scott@discussions.microsoft.com wrote on 4/13/07 2:24 PM:

> "Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Well, it's not Microsoft's responsibility to insure a competitor's software
>> works, so ask Apple for a fix...
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>
>> "JIC" <JIC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have have installed Vista and iTunes & my Ipod were working OK. Over
>>> the
>>> last week or so, whenever I try to start iTunes, Vista reports that iTunes
>>> has stopped working and looks for a solution. It cannot find and solution
>>> and then closes. What makes this strange to me is that it did work and
>>> then
>>> stopped. I have download the 'so-called' fix from Apple with the same
>>> result. any ideas please

> What a swell person you are. How do we know microsoft hasn't contributed to
> the problem. Lets be honest Microsoft has never used its muscle to bully
> anyone. right!! Personally all I want to know is whether Apple is doing what
> they claim to be doing. Working with Microsoft to resolve the problems. I've
> spent enough $$ on MS products and services over the years to deserve an
> answer to that.

If it was working and then stopped, have you tried to uninstall & reinstall
the iTunes software? Had you done any updates that week before it stopped
working?

=?Utf-8?B?UENCIEd1eQ==?=

RE: iTunes and Vista
Same problem. "iTunes has stopped working." Then I get something about DEP
has closed iTunes. What gives?

Paul Ballou

Re: iTunes and Vista
see if this info helps
--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

"PCB Guy" <PCB Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Same problem. "iTunes has stopped working." Then I get something about DEP
> has closed iTunes. What gives?

Bob

Re: iTunes and Vista
Out of curiosity and fear of the unknown, is anyone using the current version
of iTunes and Vista successfully?

I purchased a new Vista system recently, and have loaded iTunes. I have
been monitoring the blogs and update status on both Apple and Microsoft's
websites.

I have not yet attempted to connect my iPod to the notebook.

The Library updated ok, but the response time seems quite slow when
switching between songs or scrolling through my album library.

Am I just being silly, or is there cause for concern with the current
marriage of iTunes and Vista?

By the way, competition is what it’s all about. Let the battle for the
"next best thing" rage on!

Thanks in advance! Bob..............................

"Paul Ballou" wrote:

> see if this info helps
> --
> Paul Ballou

MarkyMarc43

Re: iTunes and Vista

Hey there,

I have WHP (Windows Home Premium) and iTunes (the latest one on their
site)
I have no problems now, unlike the pain it was under RC2.
It doesn't hang on syncing either.
Previously, I found that uninstalling and re-installing both iTunes AND
the Updater solved problems.

Cheers

--
MarkyMarc43