Controlling Windows Media Player with the Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard (Vers. 1.1)

Ron Bartle

Controlling Windows Media Player with the Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard (Vers. 1.1)
(Refers to German Langage 64bit Vista Home Premium RTM)
When trying to use the multi-media features of the above MS M-Media Keyboard
the appropriate optical indications are given for the various functions
(mute - volume+ and + etc etc.) superimposed on the desktop and also show
the various "sliders" moving up and down optically when the
loudspeaker/mixer is open.

The problem is that WMP seems to act quite independantly of this and no
effect is had on the actions within the wmp. Mute/Volume- controls etc do
not actually work within the WMP although there is this optical indication
at operating system level.

Using the mouse to control the WMP on its own sliders etc _does_ work.. but
not the Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard which is manufactured and sold with
exactly this key feature.

Gratefull for any tips?

ron b.

(p.s. Yes I have installed the newest 64bit Intelipoint/Intelitype drivers
obtained today from microsoft.de and selected specifically for 64bit Vista
and re-booted after install although not called to do so by the installer.)

Ron Bartle

Re: Controlling Windows Media Player with the Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard (Vers. 1.1)

"Ron Bartle" <bartle.berlin@spamthisoff.freenet.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> (Refers to German Langage 64bit Vista Home Premium RTM)
> When trying to use the multi-media features of the above MS M-Media
> Keyboard the appropriate optical indications are given for the various
> functions (mute - volume+ and + etc etc.) superimposed on the desktop and
> also show the various "sliders" moving up and down optically when the
> loudspeaker/mixer is open.
>
> The problem is that WMP seems to act quite independantly of this and no
> effect is had on the actions within the wmp. Mute/Volume- controls etc do
> not actually work within the WMP although there is this optical indication
> at operating system level.
>
> Using the mouse to control the WMP on its own sliders etc _does_ work..
> but not the Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard which is manufactured and sold
> with exactly this key feature.
>
> Gratefull for any tips?
>

> ron b.
>
> (p.s. Yes I have installed the newest 64bit Intelipoint/Intelitype drivers
> obtained today from microsoft.de and selected specifically for 64bit Vista
> and re-booted after install although not called to do so by the
> installer.)

[Edit:] Further to the above:-
the problem described above seems to have to do with the fact that in the
extended config of the audio device (Realtech AC97 Driver) controller the
setting: "Exclusive control of Applications" is selected. If one tries to
remove this setting there is then NO sound.
Any ideas?

ron b.