RE: WPG

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHRW?=

RE: WPG
I'm getting this same error on my system. I have 2gb RAM and 256MB on Radeon
X800 Pro. Has anyone found a solution yet?

"Rennie" wrote:

> Vista RC1 Build 5600
>
> When I try to open a picture in WPG I get the following error
>
> This picture can't be displayed. You may not have enough memory available.
> Close
> some programs or, if your disk is almost full, free some disk space and try
> again.
>
> I have 1.5GB of memory which 56% is available and 38.4GB of free hard disk
> space.
>
> I can see the photos in the preview pane but they will not open to edit or
> send by E Mail/Print/Fix Red Eye
>
> Thoughts

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXNj?=

RE: WPG
I did find a solution, but not sure it's the best way to fix it. I bought
the Vista Ultimate Upgrade....so I initially had Windows Xp. After I
installed Vista is when the problem started. What I did was reformat my hard
drive and had to reinstall Xp/install service pack 2/go online to Windows
Update so it can make sure it's a legal copy/then I reinstalled Vista. After
all that (a whole eveing) it worked. Anyone thinking of buying Vista should
buy the full version so they don't have to go through the B.S. if they want
to reinstall the OS!

"ScottV" wrote:

> I'm getting this same error on my system. I have 2gb RAM and 256MB on Radeon
> X800 Pro. Has anyone found a solution yet?
>

> "Rennie" wrote:
>
> > Vista RC1 Build 5600
> >
> > When I try to open a picture in WPG I get the following error
> >
> > This picture can't be displayed. You may not have enough memory available.
> > Close
> > some programs or, if your disk is almost full, free some disk space and try
> > again.
> >
> > I have 1.5GB of memory which 56% is available and 38.4GB of free hard disk
> > space.
> >
> > I can see the photos in the preview pane but they will not open to edit or
> > send by E Mail/Print/Fix Red Eye
> >
> > Thoughts

=?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVydW5uZXI=?=

RE: WPG
I Have the same problem:

Pentium 4 3gb
1gb memory
nvidia 6800gs 256gb memory
120gb hard drive with over 30gb free
Windows Vista Ultimate RTM

Mine was a clean install; I’m looking for a solution since December. Found
some KB for changing the way WPG displays the pictures, but didn't work.

Appreciate any help.

"Jamesc" wrote:

> I did find a solution, but not sure it's the best way to fix it. I bought
> the Vista Ultimate Upgrade....so I initially had Windows Xp. After I
> installed Vista is when the problem started. What I did was reformat my hard
> drive and had to reinstall Xp/install service pack 2/go online to Windows
> Update so it can make sure it's a legal copy/then I reinstalled Vista. After
> all that (a whole eveing) it worked. Anyone thinking of buying Vista should
> buy the full version so they don't have to go through the B.S. if they want
> to reinstall the OS!
>
> "ScottV" wrote:
>
> > I'm getting this same error on my system. I have 2gb RAM and 256MB on Radeon
> > X800 Pro. Has anyone found a solution yet?
> >

> > "Rennie" wrote:
> >
> > > Vista RC1 Build 5600
> > >
> > > When I try to open a picture in WPG I get the following error
> > >
> > > This picture can't be displayed. You may not have enough memory available.
> > > Close
> > > some programs or, if your disk is almost full, free some disk space and try
> > > again.
> > >
> > > I have 1.5GB of memory which 56% is available and 38.4GB of free hard disk
> > > space.
> > >
> > > I can see the photos in the preview pane but they will not open to edit or
> > > send by E Mail/Print/Fix Red Eye
> > >
> > > Thoughts

=?Utf-8?B?c3BpdGZpcjM=?=

RE: WPG
I've also got the same prob.. any solution?

"Bladerunner" wrote:

> I Have the same problem:
>
> Pentium 4 3gb
> 1gb memory
> nvidia 6800gs 256gb memory
> 120gb hard drive with over 30gb free
> Windows Vista Ultimate RTM
>
> Mine was a clean install; I’m looking for a solution since December. Found
> some KB for changing the way WPG displays the pictures, but didn't work.
>
> Appreciate any help.
>

> "Jamesc" wrote:
>
> > I did find a solution, but not sure it's the best way to fix it. I bought
> > the Vista Ultimate Upgrade....so I initially had Windows Xp. After I
> > installed Vista is when the problem started. What I did was reformat my hard
> > drive and had to reinstall Xp/install service pack 2/go online to Windows
> > Update so it can make sure it's a legal copy/then I reinstalled Vista. After
> > all that (a whole eveing) it worked. Anyone thinking of buying Vista should
> > buy the full version so they don't have to go through the B.S. if they want
> > to reinstall the OS!
> >
> > "ScottV" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm getting this same error on my system. I have 2gb RAM and 256MB on Radeon
> > > X800 Pro. Has anyone found a solution yet?

=?Utf-8?B?QmxhZGVydW5uZXI=?=

RE: WPG
Mysteriously, it got fixed by itself. I checked Windows Photo Gallery weekly,
and this week started working. I don’t remember installing nothing lately.
Still something odd about the colors, what should be white, shows in light
pink or yellow, but at least its working.

"spitfir3" wrote:

> I've also got the same prob.. any solution?
>
> "Bladerunner" wrote:
>
> > I Have the same problem:
> >
> > Pentium 4 3gb
> > 1gb memory
> > nvidia 6800gs 256gb memory
> > 120gb hard drive with over 30gb free
> > Windows Vista Ultimate RTM
> >
> > Mine was a clean install; I’m looking for a solution since December. Found
> > some KB for changing the way WPG displays the pictures, but didn't work.
> >
> > Appreciate any help.
> >

> > "Jamesc" wrote:
> >
> > > I did find a solution, but not sure it's the best way to fix it. I bought
> > > the Vista Ultimate Upgrade....so I initially had Windows Xp. After I
> > > installed Vista is when the problem started. What I did was reformat my hard
> > > drive and had to reinstall Xp/install service pack 2/go online to Windows
> > > Update so it can make sure it's a legal copy/then I reinstalled Vista. After
> > > all that (a whole eveing) it worked. Anyone thinking of buying Vista should
> > > buy the full version so they don't have to go through the B.S. if they want
> > > to reinstall the OS!

=?Utf-8?B?amRyYWtl?=

RE: WPG
I have same issue, without the mysterious self fixing.
2GB ram, 4Gb pagefile on separate spindle from OS.
Nvidia 6800GT, 256 MB, MS drivers, not nvidia's .
Clean install, Vista ultimate, nvidia drivers never installed (that's
another long story).
I don't have any issue previewing .jpgs. explorer.exe, which hosts WPG
aparantly uses ~48MB. Fine.
However, previewing RAW .cr2's from rebel xti (using canon's RAW 1.0 codec
for vista), i see an immediate jump in memory usage of ~100MBm then back down
to about 59. OK. Now, as i click through my images, once about every 2
seconds, explorer use increases about ~50MB per picture, and the CPU will
stay pegged the entire time. Doesn't take long to use 1GB phys memory. Memory
use will gradually decline if you leave it alone, but that's now what an
image preview app is for
I know i shouldn't have mentioned the cnon raw codec, makes it easy to be
somebody else's issue, but it seems common among ndivia users, too.