Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!

=?Utf-8?B?U25veg==?=

Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!
I have Vista Home Premium so I know that it comes with the DVD decoder but
when I try to play a DVD, it just says try and update your video driver, I
DID and it still won't work.

PLEASE HELP!
Dave Quail

Re: Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!

"Snoz" <Snoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Premium so I know that it comes with the DVD decoder but
> when I try to play a DVD, it just says try and update your video driver, I
> DID and it still won't work.
>
> PLEASE HELP!

I had the same problem, and could not solve it, so eventually went out and
bought WinDVD 8 for Vista, which plays DVD's perfectly.

Now WMP11 plays the DVD, but only sound, no video! Go figure!

Dave Quail

JW

Re: Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!
Snoz,
What are your graphics/video card specs and what driver release for are you
using?

"Dave Quail" <davequailNOTVALID@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Snoz" <Snoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have Vista Home Premium so I know that it comes with the DVD decoder but
>> when I try to play a DVD, it just says try and update your video driver,
>> DID and it still won't work.
>>
>> PLEASE HELP!

> I had the same problem, and could not solve it, so eventually went out and
> bought WinDVD 8 for Vista, which plays DVD's perfectly.
>
> Now WMP11 plays the DVD, but only sound, no video! Go figure!
>
> Dave Quail

=?Utf-8?B?U25veg==?=

Re: Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!
I use the ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series it is signed by Microsoft and
the driver date is 12/11/2006.

"JW" wrote:

> Snoz,
> What are your graphics/video card specs and what driver release for are you
> using?
>
> "Dave Quail" <davequailNOTVALID@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Snoz" <Snoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I have Vista Home Premium so I know that it comes with the DVD decoder but
> >> when I try to play a DVD, it just says try and update your video driver,
> >> DID and it still won't work.
> >>
> >> PLEASE HELP!

> > I had the same problem, and could not solve it, so eventually went out and
> > bought WinDVD 8 for Vista, which plays DVD's perfectly.
> >
> > Now WMP11 plays the DVD, but only sound, no video! Go figure!
> >
> > Dave Quail

JW

Re: Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!
How much memory does your 200 express have?
How much main memory does your system have?

Check the following link for more details.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/capable.mspx

>I use the ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series it is signed by Microsoft
>and
> the driver date is 12/11/2006.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> Snoz,
>> What are your graphics/video card specs and what driver release for are
>> you
>> using?
>>
>> "Dave Quail" <davequailNOTVALID@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Snoz" <Snoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > I had the same problem, and could not solve it, so eventually went out
>> > and
>> > bought WinDVD 8 for Vista, which plays DVD's perfectly.
>> >
>> > Now WMP11 plays the DVD, but only sound, no video! Go figure!
>> >
>> > Dave Quail

=?Utf-8?B?U25veg==?=

Re: Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!
the 200 xpress has 128mb of memory and I have 1gb of system ram

"JW" wrote:

> How much memory does your 200 express have?
> How much main memory does your system have?
>
> Check the following link for more details.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...e/capable.mspx
>

> "Snoz" <Snoz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I use the ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200 Series it is signed by Microsoft
> >and
> > the driver date is 12/11/2006.
> >
> > "JW" wrote:
> >
> >> Snoz,
> >> What are your graphics/video card specs and what driver release for are
> >> you
> >> using?

=?Utf-8?B?ZWRkaWViZXJtdWRh?=

Re: Can't Play DVD's in WMP11 (Vista)!
I had the same problems, same card. I installed dvd43 and the problem was
solved.