Library view scroll to current song

=?Utf-8?B?Tmlja0g=?=

Library view scroll to current song
The only thing that I really think is missing from WMP11 is the fact that
when you're in Library view and it goes to the next song, it doesn't scroll
to show that song. This is really annoying when shuffling through tracks to
pick ones to burn, because if I find one I like I then have to scroll around
to find where it actually is.

If this were an option for the Library view it would be really great;
probably the only thing from iTunes I'd like WMP to copy

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...pictures_video
Dale

Re: Library view scroll to current song

"NickH" <NickH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The only thing that I really think is missing from WMP11 is the fact that
> when you're in Library view and it goes to the next song, it doesn't
> scroll
> to show that song. This is really annoying when shuffling through tracks
> pick ones to burn, because if I find one I like I then have to scroll
> around
> to find where it actually is.

I don't think WMP has supported this since version 8. It's a tough call.
What happens if you're doing editing or viewing something in your library
list when a track ends and suddenly your list scrolls to the next track,
disregarding the fact that you were doing something elsewhere in the list?

"Dale" wrote:

> "NickH" <NickH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The only thing that I really think is missing from WMP11 is the fact that
> > when you're in Library view and it goes to the next song, it doesn't
> > scroll
> > to show that song.

> I don't think WMP has supported this since version 8. It's a tough call.
> What happens if you're doing editing or viewing something in your library
> list when a track ends and suddenly your list scrolls to the next track,
> disregarding the fact that you were doing something elsewhere in the list?

Yeah, I agree that there are other usecases where you wouldn't want it to
happen. But if it were an option.. even if there were a keyboard shortcut to
scroll to the current song, that would be useful (I did just go and make sure
that there wasn't!).

If the Plugin SDK has the capability to manipulate Library scrolling then I
might be tempted to make a trivial plugin just to do this. If anything comes
of that I'll poke it back into the community.