Can you brun DVD/CD under Vista 64-bit??

=?Utf-8?B?V3lsZWU=?=

Can you brun DVD/CD under Vista 64-bit??
One simple question, if you are using Vista 64-bit, can you get it to burn
movies/cd/files onto DVD's??

I can't, I always get errors such as Insert a blank disc, even though a
blank disc is in the drive. I have tried 3 drives (currently Pioneer DVR
112D). Occasionally I get the disc to partially burn but it never finishes,
it's like the disc can't finalise or something.

What am I doing wrong???

I have not had these problems under my old Win XP Home. I am using Vista
Ultimate 64-bit. I have even tried using a DVD copier such as DVD Fab which
has always worked fine, but not for me. Nero 7751 is also not working
properly.

So please let me know if you are using Vista 64-bit and can burn
successfully, if so I may have to try reinstalling Vista 64-bit or something?

Help!!!!
Squibbly

Re: Can you brun DVD/CD under Vista 64-bit??
cant see why not to burn dvd using the 64-bit version
bit stupid if you couldnt

"Wylee" <Wylee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One simple question, if you are using Vista 64-bit, can you get it to burn
> movies/cd/files onto DVD's??
>
> I can't, I always get errors such as Insert a blank disc, even though a
> blank disc is in the drive. I have tried 3 drives (currently Pioneer DVR
> 112D). Occasionally I get the disc to partially burn but it never
> finishes,
> it's like the disc can't finalise or something.
>
> What am I doing wrong???
>
> I have not had these problems under my old Win XP Home. I am using Vista
> Ultimate 64-bit. I have even tried using a DVD copier such as DVD Fab
> which
> has always worked fine, but not for me. Nero 7751 is also not working
> properly.
>
> So please let me know if you are using Vista 64-bit and can burn
> successfully, if so I may have to try reinstalling Vista 64-bit or
> something?
>
> Help!!!!

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Can you brun DVD/CD under Vista 64-bit??
Can you confirm you're attempting to burn from within Media Center? Or are
you using DVD Maker?

Is this summation accurate?
o Sometimes he cannot even enter the wizard because the disc in the drive
isn't recognized. He gets a message saying to insert a disc.

o When he is able to enter the wizard, he proceeds through the wizard and
initiates the burn. The burn fails to complete. At what percentage is the
progress bar when the burn fails? What is the file type and size of the
file he is burning?

o 2 other apps (DVD Fab and Nero 7751) also fail to burn a disc

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Wylee" <Wylee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One simple question, if you are using Vista 64-bit, can you get it to burn
> movies/cd/files onto DVD's??
>
> I can't, I always get errors such as Insert a blank disc, even though a
> blank disc is in the drive. I have tried 3 drives (currently Pioneer DVR
> 112D). Occasionally I get the disc to partially burn but it never
> finishes,
> it's like the disc can't finalise or something.
>
> What am I doing wrong???
>
> I have not had these problems under my old Win XP Home. I am using Vista
> Ultimate 64-bit. I have even tried using a DVD copier such as DVD Fab
> which
> has always worked fine, but not for me. Nero 7751 is also not working
> properly.
>
> So please let me know if you are using Vista 64-bit and can burn
> successfully, if so I may have to try reinstalling Vista 64-bit or
> something?
>
> Help!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?V3lsZWU=?=

Re: Can you brun DVD/CD under Vista 64-bit??
I have solved my problem. Thank you to all who tried to assist.

I discovered a two-pin black cable marked "CD-ROM" was plugged into the
second IDE connector, in pin holes 13 and 33. I have simply removed this
cable and all works great now!!

I bought a new computer system and this was the way it came so I am not sure
what the cable is for (or even where the other end of the cable goes) but I
will try to find out. None of my previous computers have had this cable, or
at least, not plugged in this way, so I am at a loss.

Anyway, I can burn again!!!!