WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER

Adele Clingman

WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
Will this work in Vista Ultimate..??
JW

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
If you read the User manual at the manufactuters Website you will find that
this product developed in Germany is apparently designed to support the
analog tuner on hybrid (Analog*DVB-T) tuner cars which are very common in
Europe. This is becasue the procuct reuires that the card whose analog
tuner you are want to be MC support using a software encoder is already
supported by MCE2005 or Vista.
"Adele Clingman" <adelec@icentennial.com> wrote in message
> Will this work in Vista Ultimate..??

Adele Clingman

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
I dont understand what you have written. Are you saying there is already an
encoder in Vista?
"JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
> If you read the User manual at the manufactuters Website you will find
> that this product developed in Germany is apparently designed to support
> the analog tuner on hybrid (Analog*DVB-T) tuner cars which are very
> common in Europe. This is becasue the procuct reuires that the card
> whose analog tuner you are want to be MC support using a software encoder
> is already supported by MCE2005 or Vista.
> "Adele Clingman" <adelec@icentennial.com> wrote in message
>> Will this work in Vista Ultimate..??

JW

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
I am saying that if you have a dual Analog/DVB-T tuner card and you are
using it in MC for only its already encoded
DVB-T(DigitlVideoBroadcast-Terestrial) broadcasts in Europe that this
product will provide MC support for the Analog tuner on the card if the card
does not have its own MPEG2 encoder chip for its analog tuner and video
capture capability.
If you are in the US where ATSC OTA digital broadcast are used insted of
DVB-T I don't know of a tuner card for which this product will help you.
You can download a free demo version of the sofware to try it, in fact the
manufacturer recommends that this always be done befor purchasing.
What Make and Model of tuner card do you have?
>I dont understand what you have written. Are you saying there is already
>an encoder in Vista?
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>> If you read the User manual at the manufactuters Website you will find
>> that this product developed in Germany is apparently designed to support
>> the analog tuner on hybrid (Analog*DVB-T) tuner cars which are very
>> common in Europe. This is becasue the procuct reuires that the card
>> whose analog tuner you are want to be MC support using a software encoder
>> is already supported by MCE2005 or Vista.
>> "Adele Clingman" <adelec@icentennial.com> wrote in message
>>> Will this work in Vista Ultimate..??

Adele Clingman

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
I wish i understood you but i dont. But in any case i got it to work. The
video portion but not the sound. Keeps saying it need sndvol32.exe in the
mixer. Im using a very old ATI HD Tuner card, As Im dual booting with XP
Pro. Finally found sound drivers for my intergrated Asus motherboard.
Sound is working fine but not for this application.
>I am saying that if you have a dual Analog/DVB-T tuner card and you are
>using it in MC for only its already encoded
>DVB-T(DigitlVideoBroadcast-Terestrial) broadcasts in Europe that this
>product will provide MC support for the Analog tuner on the card if the
>card does not have its own MPEG2 encoder chip for its analog tuner and
>video capture capability.
> If you are in the US where ATSC OTA digital broadcast are used insted of
> DVB-T I don't know of a tuner card for which this product will help you.
> You can download a free demo version of the sofware to try it, in fact the
> manufacturer recommends that this always be done befor purchasing.
> What Make and Model of tuner card do you have?
> "Adele Clingman" <adelec@icentennial.com> wrote in message
>>I dont understand what you have written. Are you saying there is already
>>an encoder in Vista?
>> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>>> If you read the User manual at the manufactuters Website you will find
>>> that this product developed in Germany is apparently designed to support
>>> the analog tuner on hybrid (Analog*DVB-T) tuner cars which are very
>>> common in Europe. This is becasue the procuct reuires that the card
>>> whose analog tuner you are want to be MC support using a software
>>> encoder is already supported by MCE2005 or Vista.

JW

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
Is your HD Tuner card working normally for the OTA "HD" channels?
>I wish i understood you but i dont. But in any case i got it to work. The
>video portion but not the sound. Keeps saying it need sndvol32.exe in the
>mixer. Im using a very old ATI HD Tuner card, As Im dual booting with XP
>Pro. Finally found sound drivers for my intergrated Asus motherboard.
>Sound is working fine but not for this application.
> "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message
>>I am saying that if you have a dual Analog/DVB-T tuner card and you are
>>using it in MC for only its already encoded
>>DVB-T(DigitlVideoBroadcast-Terestrial) broadcasts in Europe that this
>>product will provide MC support for the Analog tuner on the card if the
>>card does not have its own MPEG2 encoder chip for its analog tuner and
>>video capture capability.
>> If you are in the US where ATSC OTA digital broadcast are used insted of
>> DVB-T I don't know of a tuner card for which this product will help you.
>> You can download a free demo version of the sofware to try it, in fact
>> the manufacturer recommends that this always be done befor purchasing.
>> What Make and Model of tuner card do you have?
>> "Adele Clingman" <adelec@icentennial.com> wrote in message
>>>I dont understand what you have written. Are you saying there is already
>>>an encoder in Vista?

Clingpeach

Re: WINDOWS MEDIA ENCODER
It does. But I have no way of controlling it as the software is not vista
compatible.