No Video in Vista Movie Maker

=?Utf-8?B?Q3lsbGE=?=

No Video in Vista Movie Maker
I just recently got a laptop with Windows Vista on it. When using movie
maker, I import the video (.avi) format, play it and get no video at all. All
I get is the sound file playing. Can anyone help me with this?
Graham Hughes

Re: No Video in Vista Movie Maker
What sort of .avi file is it?
dv-avi
divx-avi
xvid.avi
mpeg1.avi
mpeg2.avi
Mpeg4.avi
Mjpeg.avi
plus there are hundreds more, as avi is just a container that wraps up the
file, the first bit is the important bit.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"Cylla" <Cylla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently got a laptop with Windows Vista on it. When using movie
> maker, I import the video (.avi) format, play it and get no video at all.
> All
> I get is the sound file playing. Can anyone help me with this?

=?Utf-8?B?Q3lsbGE=?=

Re: No Video in Vista Movie Maker
most are xvid or divx avi that I tried to pull up, most with a video
compression of divx codec. I installed the newest verison of divx last night,
however I guess this morning they found issues with it running Vista. The one
thing I did notice, is on my main computer in Movie Maker I have a filter
called "DivX Decider Filter" and I don't have this on the laptop and it won't
install also from the DivX setup, could this be the issue of why there is no
video showing?

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What sort of .avi file is it?
> dv-avi
> divx-avi
> xvid.avi
> mpeg1.avi
> mpeg2.avi
> Mpeg4.avi
> Mjpeg.avi
> plus there are hundreds more, as avi is just a container that wraps up the
> file, the first bit is the important bit.
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "Cylla" <Cylla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just recently got a laptop with Windows Vista on it. When using movie
> > maker, I import the video (.avi) format, play it and get no video at all.
> > All
> > I get is the sound file playing. Can anyone help me with this?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: No Video in Vista Movie Maker
Divx playing works fine here on my notebook.... in WMP. The DIVX Converter
won't work yet in Vista. I haven't tried it in WMM, but I know Roxio won't
do a DIVX to DVD on another Vista desktop. They are still working on Vista
compatibility.

If I want to edit DIVX, I go to the Windows XP MCE PC.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows