Photo Editing

=?Utf-8?B?aG9sbGFuZHIx?=

Photo Editing
I am looking for relatively simple Photo Editing software that works with
Vista, besides the Photo Gallery installed in the product. Also, is
Microsoft Picture It no longer made?

Thanks
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Photo Editing
Microsoft has the Digital Image Suite, which includes an editor as well as
plenty of other features. I mostly use PaintShop Pro, which is now from
Corel and is reasonably priced...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"hollandr1" <hollandr1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am looking for relatively simple Photo Editing software that works with
> Vista, besides the Photo Gallery installed in the product. Also, is
> Microsoft Picture It no longer made?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?aG9sbGFuZHIx?=

Re: Photo Editing
Thanks for the response.
R. Holland

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Microsoft has the Digital Image Suite, which includes an editor as well as
> plenty of other features. I mostly use PaintShop Pro, which is now from
> Corel and is reasonably priced...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "hollandr1" <hollandr1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am looking for relatively simple Photo Editing software that works with
> > Vista, besides the Photo Gallery installed in the product. Also, is
> > Microsoft Picture It no longer made?
> >
> > Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?R3VkR29sZg==?=

Re: Photo Editing
I can tell you that Picture it! Publishing 2002 Platinum and Digital image 7
Pro, both older Microsoft products will not work with vista. I will be lucky
if my wife doesn't kill me for installing Vista on her computer, Microsoft
has outdone them selves to introduce one upgrade that kills 2 other
functional and great programs. If anyone can find a way to make these work I
would like to hear about it.
--
Helpless Ken

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Microsoft has the Digital Image Suite, which includes an editor as well as
> plenty of other features. I mostly use PaintShop Pro, which is now from
> Corel and is reasonably priced...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "hollandr1" <hollandr1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am looking for relatively simple Photo Editing software that works with
> > Vista, besides the Photo Gallery installed in the product. Also, is
> > Microsoft Picture It no longer made?
> >
> > Thanks

cwodave

Re: Photo Editing
You go that right. My wife makes greeting cards with Picture It. SHe has
thousands of them and now they will be worthless if I move her to Vista. Is
there ANY program that can read the .php and .mix extensions that Picture It
uses.

"GudGolf" wrote:

> I can tell you that Picture it! Publishing 2002 Platinum and Digital image 7
> Pro, both older Microsoft products will not work with vista. I will be lucky
> if my wife doesn't kill me for installing Vista on her computer, Microsoft
> has outdone them selves to introduce one upgrade that kills 2 other
> functional and great programs. If anyone can find a way to make these work I
> would like to hear about it.
> --
> Helpless Ken
>

> "Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft has the Digital Image Suite, which includes an editor as well as
> > plenty of other features. I mostly use PaintShop Pro, which is now from
> > Corel and is reasonably priced...
> >
> > Dana Cline - MCE MVP
> >
> > "hollandr1" <hollandr1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am looking for relatively simple Photo Editing software that works with
> > > Vista, besides the Photo Gallery installed in the product. Also, is
> > > Microsoft Picture It no longer made?
> > >
> > > Thanks

John Inzer

Re: Photo Editing
cwodave wrote:
> You go that right. My wife makes greeting cards with Picture It. SHe
> has thousands of them and now they will be worthless if I move her to
> Vista. Is there ANY program that can read the .php and .mix
> extensions that Picture It uses.

==============================
Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
Anniversary Edition is optimized for
vista and will open your .mix and .php
files.

There's a 60 day trial version available for
download if you would like to give it a try:

Microsoft Digital Image
Starter Edition 2006
http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
(this product line has been
discontinued but you can still
down-load the Starter Version
and run it for 60 days)

Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
have the ability to create VCDs and it does
not include the clipart and pre-formatted
projects.

Some retailers still have the Anniversary
Edition in stock.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Charlie

Re: Photo Editing
So, If you can't get the discontinued Anniversary edition, what do you
recommend we use? Thanks for your help.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> cwodave wrote:
> > You go that right. My wife makes greeting cards with Picture It. SHe
> > has thousands of them and now they will be worthless if I move her to
> > Vista. Is there ANY program that can read the .php and .mix
> > extensions that Picture It uses.

> ==============================
> Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
> Anniversary Edition is optimized for
> vista and will open your .mix and .php
> files.
>
> There's a 60 day trial version available for
> download if you would like to give it a try:
>
> Microsoft Digital Image
> Starter Edition 2006
> http://tinyurl.com/28loxr
> (this product line has been
> discontinued but you can still
> down-load the Starter Version
> and run it for 60 days)
>
> Unlike the retail version...the trial does not
> have the ability to create VCDs and it does
> not include the clipart and pre-formatted
> projects.
>
> Some retailers still have the Anniversary
> Edition in stock.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

DufferDan

Re: Photo Editing
Like "GudGolf" I too am about to go under the knife with my wife. I relied on
MS Digital Suite 10 for all of my photo editing. I am so discussed wit MS for
discontinuting this program. I tried to used suite 10 along with MS Media
Center, with no luck. Why did MS screw things up.

"GudGolf" wrote:

> I can tell you that Picture it! Publishing 2002 Platinum and Digital image 7
> Pro, both older Microsoft products will not work with vista. I will be lucky
> if my wife doesn't kill me for installing Vista on her computer, Microsoft
> has outdone them selves to introduce one upgrade that kills 2 other
> functional and great programs. If anyone can find a way to make these work I
> would like to hear about it.
> --
> Helpless Ken
>

> "Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft has the Digital Image Suite, which includes an editor as well as
> > plenty of other features. I mostly use PaintShop Pro, which is now from
> > Corel and is reasonably priced...
> >
> > Dana Cline - MCE MVP
> >
> > "hollandr1" <hollandr1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am looking for relatively simple Photo Editing software that works with
> > > Vista, besides the Photo Gallery installed in the product. Also, is
> > > Microsoft Picture It no longer made?
> > >
> > > Thanks

Bill Condie

Re: Photo Editing
Windows Photo Gallery is actually quite good for basic tasks, such as
cropping.

Picasa and Irfanview are both better than earlier MS stuff, imho.

"DufferDan" <DufferDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Like "GudGolf" I too am about to go under the knife with my wife. I relied
> on
> MS Digital Suite 10 for all of my photo editing. I am so discussed wit MS
> for
> discontinuting this program. I tried to used suite 10 along with MS Media
> Center, with no luck. Why did MS screw things up.
>
> "GudGolf" wrote:
>
>> I can tell you that Picture it! Publishing 2002 Platinum and Digital
>> image 7
>> Pro, both older Microsoft products will not work with vista. I will be
>> lucky
>> if my wife doesn't kill me for installing Vista on her computer,
>> Microsoft
>> has outdone them selves to introduce one upgrade that kills 2 other
>> functional and great programs. If anyone can find a way to make these
>> work I
>> would like to hear about it.
>> --
>> Helpless Ken
>>

>> "Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:
>>
>> > Microsoft has the Digital Image Suite, which includes an editor as well
>> > as
>> > plenty of other features. I mostly use PaintShop Pro, which is now from
>> > Corel and is reasonably priced...
>> >
>> > Dana Cline - MCE MVP

PICTUREIT! angry !

Re: Photo Editing
The problem is that PICTUREIT! which I have used EVERY DAY FOR 7 YEARs
allowed you to cut out objects from pictures and put them in a new picture,
people who run ebay businesses or other online ecommerce sites relied on this
function every day , Microsoft has gone back 7 years in time by now only
allowing you to crop and chang color/brightness etc, they have not replaced
the cut out features with anything else and we NEED to be able to cut out
items and objects from photos to eliminate background clutter. The only thing
we can do now is how we did PRE-PICTURE it and that is to add shapes all
around the object to block out the background or to use paint brush which
takes HOURS to do one picture, instead of the 2 min job it used to be. John,
do you know of any other program that works with VISTA that you can cut out
objects with ? Microsoft software development team dont use the products and
they 'think' people want to cut and paste pretty photos into a photo album,
they dont realise that thousands of ppl actually used the features they took
away from picture it. It is so disappointing, it is costing me time and
money. What used to take me minutes is taking me hours and it is time i do
not have to spare