What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker

=?Utf-8?B?VGltSA==?=

What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker
I previously had Windows XP Media Centre Edition and I now have Vista Home
Premium Edition and I got a lot of use out of the Windows CD Label Maker. I
was very disappointed to find that there is no label maker in the new Vista
and I have some other discs but they won't work in Vista. So I can burn music
etc but can't make a label.
What I want to know is if the Microsoft Plus thingy would work in Vista if I
bought and downloaded it from Microsoft. I don't want to go ahead first only
for it not to be compatible so any advice would be much appreciated.
If anybody from Microsoft reads this why hasn't it been included with the
Media Centre anyway?
=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgTg==?=

RE: What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker
I had XP MCE and did an upgrade install to Vista. Windows CD Label Maker and
a good number of other features of MCE are now still installed in Vista and
work. Is it worth the trouble to you to reinstall MCE and do an upgrade? You
can back up your current files and settings and restore them to the new
installation.

"TimH" wrote:

> I previously had Windows XP Media Centre Edition and I now have Vista Home
> Premium Edition and I got a lot of use out of the Windows CD Label Maker. I
> was very disappointed to find that there is no label maker in the new Vista
> and I have some other discs but they won't work in Vista. So I can burn music
> etc but can't make a label.
> What I want to know is if the Microsoft Plus thingy would work in Vista if I
> bought and downloaded it from Microsoft. I don't want to go ahead first only
> for it not to be compatible so any advice would be much appreciated.
> If anybody from Microsoft reads this why hasn't it been included with the
> Media Centre anyway?

=?Utf-8?B?VGltSA==?=

RE: What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker
Thanks for your help Steve.
I have found a good label maker with up to date drivers (Acoustica) so I am
well catered for and it was only this one program I was really bothered about
and certainly not the dancers on the desktop.
Thanks again.

"Steve N" wrote:

> I had XP MCE and did an upgrade install to Vista. Windows CD Label Maker and
> a good number of other features of MCE are now still installed in Vista and
> work. Is it worth the trouble to you to reinstall MCE and do an upgrade? You
> can back up your current files and settings and restore them to the new
> installation.
>
> "TimH" wrote:
>
> > I previously had Windows XP Media Centre Edition and I now have Vista Home
> > Premium Edition and I got a lot of use out of the Windows CD Label Maker. I
> > was very disappointed to find that there is no label maker in the new Vista
> > and I have some other discs but they won't work in Vista. So I can burn music
> > etc but can't make a label.
> > What I want to know is if the Microsoft Plus thingy would work in Vista if I
> > bought and downloaded it from Microsoft. I don't want to go ahead first only
> > for it not to be compatible so any advice would be much appreciated.
> > If anybody from Microsoft reads this why hasn't it been included with the
> > Media Centre anyway?

dj

RE: What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker
Microsoft Plus! is not compatible with Vista. Someone's "better idea" chose
to drop the software. I, too used Plus! label maker on a regular basis. I
am currently searching for a replacement software that will do what Plus!
label maker did. I'll let you know if I find it. So far, I have not found
another label maker that will allow me to do the very needed things I used
Plus! for.
dj

"TimH" wrote:

> I previously had Windows XP Media Centre Edition and I now have Vista Home
> Premium Edition and I got a lot of use out of the Windows CD Label Maker. I
> was very disappointed to find that there is no label maker in the new Vista
> and I have some other discs but they won't work in Vista. So I can burn music
> etc but can't make a label.
> What I want to know is if the Microsoft Plus thingy would work in Vista if I
> bought and downloaded it from Microsoft. I don't want to go ahead first only
> for it not to be compatible so any advice would be much appreciated.
> If anybody from Microsoft reads this why hasn't it been included with the
> Media Centre anyway?

Adam Albright

Re: What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:10:00 -0700, dj <dj@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Microsoft Plus! is not compatible with Vista. Someone's "better idea" chose
>to drop the software. I, too used Plus! label maker on a regular basis. I
>am currently searching for a replacement software that will do what Plus!
>label maker did. I'll let you know if I find it. So far, I have not found
>another label maker that will allow me to do the very needed things I used
>Plus! for.

Check out Acoustica. It is fast, easy and comes with loads of designs
in popular themes for backgrounds.

dj

Re: What has happened to the Windows CD Label Maker
Thank you for responding so promptly, Adam. Yes, I tried Acoustica. Today I
downloaded a trial copy. Unfortunately, it doesn't do what I need. In Plus!
I was able to bring a song title list from Windows Media Player into the
label box, then copy the list, and paste it into Excel or Word. This way, I
had a very convenient list that I could sort, add to, etc. That feature is
just what I CAN'T DO WITHOUT, because I work with my family's Original
"HomeGrown" music, and need to keep my Song Index with notes in a file I can
share with my brother in Texas.

I did respond to Acoustica's request for "why?" when I chose to remove the
program from my computer and not purchase it. I told them my needs, and they
were prompt in responding to say they would look into it. I'm hoping enough
need of this type is out there to make them think about it. I realize most
people work with their favorite commercial music, and so do I, but my Dad's
songs and demo recordings are priceless to me and my bro, and that is my
primary interest.

If you have any interest in original music, check out this web site:

http://www.mediamax.com/j8064

My brother posts our family music there, and you can listen, download,
whatever is there. It's nothing you'd hear on the radio, or at Carnegie
Hall, but it's ours. Dad always said "if you don't like it, don't listen.
The price is always the same: it's free". There may be some sow's ears
there, but there are some silk purses, too.

My bro says, if you check it out, be sure to set the page up to show you the
whole list (there's a button for that). Otherwise you won't see the whole
tamale.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll share any new info I find on a program that'll
do what I need.

dj