Burning to DVD from DVD Maker Problem

=?Utf-8?B?Smltc2tleQ==?=

Burning to DVD from DVD Maker Problem
I am having a problem when burning to a DVD using Windows DVD Maker.

When I click the burn button, the burning process begins immediatly, and
lasts for a few minutes. After about 10-15 minutes, my screen goes black, and
when it comes back on, it tells me there was a display driver error, and that
it has been sucessfully restored.

However, with this problem occuring, it cancels the burning process.

I have tried updating the display driver, and it claims I have the
up-to-date version.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Burning to DVD from DVD Maker Problem
Do you by any chance have a screen saver? I'd say disable the screen saver,
and set your power settings to not remove power to the disks and monitor for
at least an hour...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Jimskey" <Jimskey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a problem when burning to a DVD using Windows DVD Maker.
>
> When I click the burn button, the burning process begins immediatly, and
> lasts for a few minutes. After about 10-15 minutes, my screen goes black,
> and
> when it comes back on, it tells me there was a display driver error, and
> that
> it has been sucessfully restored.
>
> However, with this problem occuring, it cancels the burning process.
>
> I have tried updating the display driver, and it claims I have the
> up-to-date version.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

=?Utf-8?B?Smltc2tleQ==?=

Re: Burning to DVD from DVD Maker Problem
Yes, i have tried that. It still makes no difference to the error.

"Dana Cline - MVP" wrote:

> Do you by any chance have a screen saver? I'd say disable the screen saver,
> and set your power settings to not remove power to the disks and monitor for
> at least an hour...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Jimskey" <Jimskey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having a problem when burning to a DVD using Windows DVD Maker.
> >
> > When I click the burn button, the burning process begins immediatly, and
> > lasts for a few minutes. After about 10-15 minutes, my screen goes black,
> > and
> > when it comes back on, it tells me there was a display driver error, and
> > that
> > it has been sucessfully restored.
> >
> > However, with this problem occuring, it cancels the burning process.
> >
> > I have tried updating the display driver, and it claims I have the
> > up-to-date version.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Burning to DVD from DVD Maker Problem
I'm not sure what else to say, but you're not the only one with this
problem. I've asked Microsoft so if I get any good info back, I'll post it
here...