Real Player with Vista

Hani Saklou

Real Player with Vista
Hi,

I installed windows Vista after I formatted my old Windows XP. Installing
was very easy and reilable. Windows Media Player is the music player for
most music files. but, Real Player is the only player for rm or ram files.
I download the lastest version and I tried to install it on Windows
Vista...But, It didn't install, why?
I installed Windows Vista Home Edition...I need you help, please.

Thanks
Hani

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBE?=

RE: Real Player with Vista

"Hani Saklou" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed windows Vista after I formatted my old Windows XP. Installing
> was very easy and reilable. Windows Media Player is the music player for
> most music files. but, Real Player is the only player for rm or ram files.
> I download the lastest version and I tried to install it on Windows
> Vista...But, It didn't install, why?
> I installed Windows Vista Home Edition...I need you help, please.
>
> Thanks
> Hani
>
> My guess is that u are useing 64 bit vista if so ignore Real.

Download rm alternative V1.51 from here

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
it will work for most real player files (also works on 32 bit)
Dale

Re: Real Player with Vista
I suggest trying your question in a RealPlayer newsgroup.

Dale

"Hani Saklou" <hsaklou@pyromaniaks.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed windows Vista after I formatted my old Windows XP. Installing
> was very easy and reilable. Windows Media Player is the music player for
> most music files. but, Real Player is the only player for rm or ram files.
> I download the lastest version and I tried to install it on Windows
> Vista...But, It didn't install, why?
> I installed Windows Vista Home Edition...I need you help, please.
>
> Thanks
> Hani

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Real Player with Vista

To clarify, you want to use RealPlayer to play back the other file types,
and it's working fine otherwise, right?

Did they register for the Default Programs control panel? You should be able
to use that here...

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Hani Saklou" <hsaklou@pyromaniaks.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I installed windows Vista after I formatted my old Windows XP. Installing
> was very easy and reilable. Windows Media Player is the music player for
> most music files. but, Real Player is the only player for rm or ram files.
> I download the lastest version and I tried to install it on Windows
> Vista...But, It didn't install, why?
> I installed Windows Vista Home Edition...I need you help, please.
>
> Thanks
> Hani

haymoose

Re: Real Player with Vista

I installed realplayer gold 10:

Technically it is ver. 2 build 6.0.11.872

It runs great on Vista 64-bit!

Good luck,

Moose

--
haymoose
highab

Re: Real Player with Vista

haymoose;253024 Wrote:
> I installed realplayer gold 10:
>
> Technically it is ver. 2 build 6.0.11.872
>
> It runs great on Vista 64-bit!
>
> Good luck,
>
> Moose

Hi,

I've the normal realplayer problem, it refuses to install on win vista
home premium 64 bit edition, I've tried all the compatibility options,
it just thinks for a while and then says no.

I've looked pretty much everywhere and tried most people's workarounds.
I have managed to watch real media streaming files with the help of real
alternative with media player classic. I went through the download and
installation process for realone version 2 and it didn't seem to do
much more than install... I definitely can't open the standalone
player, but I now see that I see the realone logo for the streaming
media.

I need to be able to read SMIL files....

Anyone got any other ideas?

--
highab
highab

Re: Real Player with Vista

It's OK. I've worked it out had to uninstall the real alternative and
reinstall RealOne version 2. It flashes the screen black once or twice
.... something to do with vista basic colours, but I can see what I
want to see... just have to work out how to tell RealOne that I am
connected to the internet, because it doesn't seem to know that at the
mo!

--
highab
highab

Re: Real Player with Vista

highab;260685 Wrote:
> It's OK. I've worked it out had to uninstall the real alternative and
> reinstall RealOne version 2. It flashes the screen black once or twice
> .... something to do with vista basic colours, but I can see what I
> want to see... just have to work out how to tell RealOne that I am
> connected to the internet, because it doesn't seem to know that at the
> mo!

OK have worked it out, this is how I did it:

I had realplayer installed on my old system (winXP)

I simply copied the dll files from the newer version (from my old PC)
over the dll files that were in the realone (new PC old realplayer
version) folder and it works.

Hope this helps others out

--
highab
zionlion

Re: Real Player with Vista

I have vista ultimate 64 bit. Just copy realplayer folder from an
existing windows xp installation then paste it into programs (x86). Now
reinstall realplayer. It will work. I have realplayer 8 plus.

--
zionlion