Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV

Synapse Syndrome

Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV

When I try importing recorded TV (from Media Centre) into Movie Maker, I get
these error messages. What is going on??

ss.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
WMM does not edit DVR-MS files. And PLEASE don't cross post especially to
newsgroups which have absolutely nothing to do with your subject.

http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Importing-Video-DVR-MS.html
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> When I try importing recorded TV (from Media Centre) into Movie Maker, I
> get
> these error messages. What is going on??
>
> ss.

=?Utf-8?B?SURCVUc=?=

RE: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
I just want to say, you're not the only one. I posted about this before, but
for some reason it is gone.

Anyway, I too cannot import .dvr-ms files into Windows Movie Maker, although
the help file (and Microsoft.com) claim that this is possible. Very
frustrating. Has anyone found a solution?

--VFU: very frustrated user

"Synapse Syndrome" wrote:

> When I try importing recorded TV (from Media Centre) into Movie Maker, I get
> these error messages. What is going on??
>
> ss

=?Utf-8?B?OTllcg==?=

Re: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
I've seen several reports that WMM 6 does edit DVR-MS files. One of those
was from a post in this forum by a MS-MVP. So is that correct- it will not
edit them?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> WMM does not edit DVR-MS files.

JW

Re: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
If you Google on
"
WMM 6 does edit DVR-MS files
"
you will get quite a few hits that point out that the Vista version of WMM6
does edit DVR-MS files and you probably also can find more definitive info
on WMM6's use with XP-MCE DVR-MS files.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> WMM does not edit DVR-MS files. And PLEASE don't cross post especially to
> newsgroups which have absolutely nothing to do with your subject.
>
> http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Importing-Video-DVR-MS.html

This is another reason to consider dumping Media Centre and look for
something better.

ss.

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
Interesting...yes, it _should_ open them. I'll play with it a little tonight
and see if it can open mine...

There's also a MovieMaker newsgroup that may have more information...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> When I try importing recorded TV (from Media Centre) into Movie Maker, I
> get
> these error messages. What is going on??
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

"Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> Interesting...yes, it _should_ open them. I'll play with it a little
> tonight and see if it can open mine...
>
> There's also a MovieMaker newsgroup that may have more information...

Thanks.
I just realised that all the replies I am getting for this thread are
actually in

ss.

PapaJohn

Re: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
I'm mixing recorded TV files with my personal files in Movie Maker 6 in
Vista, with no issues.

I'm using the Ultimate version.... just tested it again to be sure it's
still working after reading this thread... and it is.

PapaJohn

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <NewsGroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> WMM does not edit DVR-MS files. And PLEASE don't cross post especially to
> newsgroups which have absolutely nothing to do with your subject.
>
> http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Importing-Video-DVR-MS.html
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message
>>
>> When I try importing recorded TV (from Media Centre) into Movie Maker, I
>> get
>> these error messages. What is going on??
>>
>> ss.

PapaJohn

Re: Vista Movie Maker Error from Recorded TV
I'm updating my website page about using recorded TV, to add Vista info...

PapaJohn