Windows media player in vista lags

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmtEaXZlcg==?=

Windows media player in vista lags
When I click on an audio (mp3) file it's verrrry slow in opening on the new
media player. I'm running a brand new laptop, core2 duo with 2 gigs of ram.
So what's up with that?
=?Utf-8?B?U2hhcmtEaXZlcg==?=

RE: Windows media player in vista lags
Figured it out from other posts. I have a Gateway but learned from someone
with a Sony that the Sigma Tel audio driver is to blame. uninstall the
driver in device manager, reboot, windows loads it's own driver and presto,
no more lag.

"SharkDiver" wrote:

> When I click on an audio (mp3) file it's verrrry slow in opening on the new
> media player. I'm running a brand new laptop, core2 duo with 2 gigs of ram.
> So what's up with that?

=?Utf-8?B?c2FmeXJlamV0?=

RE: Windows media player in vista lags
I had the same problems on my new sony. I just installed a bunch of model
specific updates and one of them was for the Sigma Tel audio driver and now
the problems seems to be fixed.

"SharkDiver" wrote:

> Figured it out from other posts. I have a Gateway but learned from someone
> with a Sony that the Sigma Tel audio driver is to blame. uninstall the
> driver in device manager, reboot, windows loads it's own driver and presto,
> no more lag.
>
> "SharkDiver" wrote:
>
> > When I click on an audio (mp3) file it's verrrry slow in opening on the new
> > media player. I'm running a brand new laptop, core2 duo with 2 gigs of ram.
> > So what's up with that?

Mighty_Mike

RE: Windows media player in vista lags
Hi,
I'm new to Vista. I run it on a brand new laptop computer with a INTEL Core2
T5600 with 2 gigs of RAM.

When I play music on the Media Player, everytime it reaches the and of of
song (19 secs remaining), the sound starts to lag and stutter. It does that
for every tune, always when there are 19 seconds remaining).

Anyone can help ? Thanks, Mike

"SharkDiver" wrote:

> When I click on an audio (mp3) file it's verrrry slow in opening on the new
> media player. I'm running a brand new laptop, core2 duo with 2 gigs of ram.
> So what's up with that?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows media player in vista lags

Right-click on the Speaker icon in the system tray, select Playback Devices,
right-click Speakers in that new dialog, go to Properties, then go to
Enhancements - choose "Disable All Enhancements" and you should be fixed up.
If this does fix you up, check with your sound card vendor - they should not
be having this problem. I believe Dell/Sigmatel may also have a driver
update that should fix you up.

--
Speaking for myself only.

newsAFEB584-2377-4899-90AD-13A41E330C42@microsoft.com...