Can't Burn DVD/CD's Under Vista 64-bit

=?Utf-8?B?V3lsZWU=?=

Can't Burn DVD/CD's Under Vista 64-bit
This is driving me crazy. I am using Vista 64-bit and cannot seem to burn
anything at all. My burner reads everything fine (plays movies, install
disks, etc.) but I can't write anything. I have tried using Windows Movie
Maker as well as Nero 7.7.5.1, always get the same result. My burner is a
Samsung SH-S182M. I have also tried my old burner (Sony DRU-710A) and I get
the same result. The Sony works fine on my other computer running XP Home. It
is like the burner can't finish the burn. Sometimes the disk is actually
burnt (I can see the burning on the disk) but it never gets finalized (or
concluded, or whatever) and other times the disk just remains blank. The
error I usually get is to the effect to place a blank disk in the burner,
even though one is in there. Other times the error is " Cannot create the
DVD. The DVD cannot be burned because an error occurred. Try using another
blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working
properly. Learn more about this problem. "

Any ideas???

=?Utf-8?B?QW1hZGV1eA==?=

RE: Can't Burn DVD/CD's Under Vista 64-bit
I am having exactly the same issue with Vista 32-bit.

Someone please help.
=?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGEgbG92ZXIu?=

RE: Can't Burn DVD/CD's Under Vista 64-bit
I have the same problem with a external sony burner, drx700ul, roxio titanium
dosen't burn, everything else works fine, on vista I search divice manager
and the problem I found was that on device manager/dvd/cd-room drives, then
you're burner, and driver file details the dlacdbhm.sys it's disable.. cuse
incompatibility.. I thinks this is blocking the drive... maybe it's the
driver software it self, try contacting your burner manufacturer...

"Wylee" wrote:

> This is driving me crazy. I am using Vista 64-bit and cannot seem to burn
> anything at all. My burner reads everything fine (plays movies, install
> disks, etc.) but I can't write anything. I have tried using Windows Movie
> Maker as well as Nero 7.7.5.1, always get the same result. My burner is a
> Samsung SH-S182M. I have also tried my old burner (Sony DRU-710A) and I get
> the same result. The Sony works fine on my other computer running XP Home. It
> is like the burner can't finish the burn. Sometimes the disk is actually
> burnt (I can see the burning on the disk) but it never gets finalized (or
> concluded, or whatever) and other times the disk just remains blank. The
> error I usually get is to the effect to place a blank disk in the burner,
> even though one is in there. Other times the error is " Cannot create the
> DVD. The DVD cannot be burned because an error occurred. Try using another
> blank disc and make sure that your DVD burner is connected and working
> properly. Learn more about this problem. "
>
> Any ideas???

=?Utf-8?B?V3lsZWU=?=

RE: Can't Burn DVD/CD's Under Vista 64-bit
I have solved my problem. Thank you to all who tried to assist.

I discovered a two-pin black cable marked "CD-ROM" was plugged into the
second IDE connector, in pin holes 13 and 33. I have simply removed this
cable and all works great now!!

I bought a new computer system and this was the way it came so I am not sure
what the cable is for (or even where the other end of the cable goes) but I
will try to find out. None of my previous computers have had this cable, or
at least, not plugged in this way, so I am at a loss.

Anyway, I can burn again!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?bmNvb21iZXIxOTYx?=

RE: Can't Burn DVD/CD's Under Vista 64-bit
HI its nice to know you are not alone I too am running vista 32 bit and it
does exactly the same no one seems to be able to give me a reason
why..HELPPPPPP TOOO good luck let me know if you sort it ncoomber1961@aol.com