Invisible Media Player

=?Utf-8?B?bWFsbGFyZA==?=

Invisible Media Player
I have a strange issue with Vista...
Whenever I close Media Player, or Media Player is opened by double clicking
on a file, it becomes invisible.
Sound can be heard and it is listed in task manager processes.
The only way to get a visible media player is to use the start menu or quick
launch and I have to remember to close it with the task manager when I am
finished.

Anybody else got this issue? Any ideas about a fix?

ardentbiker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Invisible Media Player
I too have this same issue would love to know a solution (or at least a reason why it happens). My experience is slightly different in that it does not happen everytime, only occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?bWFsbGFyZA==?= View Post
I have a strange issue with Vista...
Whenever I close Media Player, or Media Player is opened by double clicking
on a file, it becomes invisible.
Sound can be heard and it is listed in task manager processes.
The only way to get a visible media player is to use the start menu or quick
launch and I have to remember to close it with the task manager when I am
finished.

Anybody else got this issue? Any ideas about a fix?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Invisible Media Player

That sounds like there is some process still active that is still using the
player - what else is running right then? Sync Center? Media Center?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"ardentbiker" <ardentbiker.3cskwd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in

> I too have this same issue would love to know a solution (or at least a
> reason why it happens). My experience is slightly different in that it
> does not happen everytime, only occasionally.
>
> =?Utf-8?B?bWFsbGFyZA==?=;79355 Wrote:
>> I have a strange issue with Vista...
>> Whenever I close Media Player, or Media Player is opened by double
>> clicking
>> on a file, it becomes invisible.
>> Sound can be heard and it is listed in task manager processes.
>> The only way to get a visible media player is to use the start menu or
>> quick
>> launch and I have to remember to close it with the task manager when I
>> am
>> finished.
>>
>> Anybody else got this issue? Any ideas about a fix?

> --
> ardentbiker

ardentbiker is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not Media Center exactly, but ehmsas.exe, ehrec.exe (though nothing is currently being recorded), ehrcvr.exe, ehsched.exe, ehtray.exe (though I don't see anything in the system tray), and ehvid.exe are shown in task manager.

mfpmp.exe is also running, but the video I tried to play when this problem last happened was self-created using Windows Movie Maker. However, this process is using between 2-5% CPU and ~20MB memory while the video was playing (albeit invisibily).

Sync Center is not running, but wmpnscfg.exe is.

Obviously, wmplayer.exe is running too, but I can't see the window/video, I can only hear the audio.