Positioning Pictures does not work for My Pictures

=?Utf-8?B?U3RqYi4=?=

Positioning Pictures does not work for My Pictures
I do not know if it is just my computer but for some reason I cannot get my
personal pictures to reposition on the screen. Nothing happens to my desktop
when I click the radio buttons for the "Fit to", "Tile", and "Center"
positions for my pictures. However, if the picture is a windows wallpaper
picture, clicking those buttons will do it's intended purpose. But it
doesn't work for my pictures. Why? I clicked ok to see if that was the
problem and it just returned to the "Personalization" screen. By the way,
the default position for all my non-windows-pictures is center. I would like
to use "Fit to" but it does not work for my picture. This process seems so
simple and self-explanatory, I am 100% sure I am not doing anything wrong.
My final assessment of the issue leads me to conclude that either there is
something wrong with my computer or there is something wrong with Home Vista
Premium. So my questions are: Does anyone else seem to have this problem?
If not, does anyone have any solutions? And does anyone related to Windows
Support know of any solutions if this problem is not unique? Thank you so
much.

Re: Positioning Pictures does not work for My Pictures
Your pictures are probably bigger than your screen so all three options will
look the same.

"Stjb." <Stjb.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do not know if it is just my computer but for some reason I cannot get my
> personal pictures to reposition on the screen. Nothing happens to my
> desktop
> when I click the radio buttons for the "Fit to", "Tile", and "Center"
> positions for my pictures. However, if the picture is a windows wallpaper
> picture, clicking those buttons will do it's intended purpose. But it
> doesn't work for my pictures. Why? I clicked ok to see if that was the
> problem and it just returned to the "Personalization" screen. By the way,
> the default position for all my non-windows-pictures is center. I would
> like
> to use "Fit to" but it does not work for my picture. This process seems
> so
> simple and self-explanatory, I am 100% sure I am not doing anything wrong.
> My final assessment of the issue leads me to conclude that either there is
> something wrong with my computer or there is something wrong with Home
> Vista
> Premium. So my questions are: Does anyone else seem to have this problem?
> If not, does anyone have any solutions? And does anyone related to Windows
> Support know of any solutions if this problem is not unique? Thank you so
> much.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RqYi4=?=

Its seems like i can support myself.
Though I am still seeking a reply, I did discover a cheap fix to my problem
(in case anyone else is having the same problem.

If you are desperate to change the position of your picture and it will not
work from the personalization screen, simply find the folder of your desired
picture, copy the picture, and then paste the picture in the "Sample
Pictures" folder. I am happy to say it worked for me.

*WOAH UPDATE*
It seems like I have isolated the problems source. After choosing a folder
via the Browse button, the folder's pictures open up and I can reposition the
photo I like. The problem seems to be after one selects a picture from
outside the personalization screen (i.e. from the web, from picture gallery,
from the pictures folder) and then enters the personalization screen after
that with hopes of repositioning the foreign borne picture. Well, great, now
I know for certain it is either a bug or it was not intended to work... I
don't know.

*UPDATE AGAIN*
It doesn't seem to be a problem for internet explorer borne backgrounds. I
think the bug has to do with the "Windows Photo Gallery Wallpaper File".
Apparently, that file and the "Personalization" screen do not get along too
well.

Well, wow. It seems like I can provide myself with technical support, why
pay? Anyhow, I better stop before I actually find a real solution to the
core problem and steal Microsoft's glory. However, if any Microsoft Vista
developer reads this post, please consider if this merits a fix. Thank you
very much.
=?Utf-8?B?U3RqYi4=?=

Re: Positioning Pictures does not work for My Pictures