Windows Media Player won't work

=?Utf-8?B?amxkMDA3Nw==?=

Windows Media Player won't work
I've got an odd problem. I have two PCs running Vista. Both operated WMP
perfectly yesterday. Neither will run it today. Nothing's changed in my
setup, on either box.

To clarify: Windows plays videos activated through a Web browser. However,
WMP will not play music that streams over the Internet, nor can I open the
application by clicking on its icon.

When I do click on the icon, nothing happens. No processes load. However,
the software is on the hard disk. If I try to setup or configure, it tells me
that the software is already loaded and configured. Rebooting makes no
difference.

Any ideas or insights are welcome. I'm limping along with RealPlayer, iTunes
and an old XP-based DVD player, but would like to understand what has
happened and fix it.
Dale

Re: Windows Media Player won't work
What else changed? Did you install any software, any drivers, etc?

Dale

"jld0077" <jld0077@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've got an odd problem. I have two PCs running Vista. Both operated WMP
> perfectly yesterday. Neither will run it today. Nothing's changed in my
> setup, on either box.
>
> To clarify: Windows plays videos activated through a Web browser. However,
> WMP will not play music that streams over the Internet, nor can I open the
> application by clicking on its icon.
>
> When I do click on the icon, nothing happens. No processes load. However,
> the software is on the hard disk. If I try to setup or configure, it tells
> me
> that the software is already loaded and configured. Rebooting makes no
> difference.
>
> Any ideas or insights are welcome. I'm limping along with RealPlayer,
> iTunes
> and an old XP-based DVD player, but would like to understand what has
> happened and fix it.

=?Utf-8?B?amxkMDA3Nw==?=

Re: Windows Media Player won't work
I have exactly the same situation. And nothing changed from when WMP worked
to when it stopped. Really aggravating. Any assistance is most appreciated...