Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??

Synapse Syndrome

Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??

I've had enough of Media Centre in Vista. It's very buggy, and doesn't feel
very good. The interface is awful, especially when using a mouse. It would
be nice if Windows Media Player could play TV from BDA drivers, as I like
the interface a lot better.

Well, I was wondering what other PVR programs people know of that run in
Vista using BDA drivers?

Cheers

ss.

Joe Medford

Re: Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??
Don't know about BDA drivers, but ATI's all in wounder cards can record and
watch TV. The interface with Media Center is alot nicer. I have to admit
that moving up and down in Media Center has been feeling a bit slow lately

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> I've had enough of Media Centre in Vista. It's very buggy, and doesn't
> feel very good. The interface is awful, especially when using a mouse.
> It would be nice if Windows Media Player could play TV from BDA drivers,
> as I like the interface a lot better.
>
> Well, I was wondering what other PVR programs people know of that run in
> Vista using BDA drivers?
>
> Cheers
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

"Joe Medford" <joem83@msn.com> wrote in message
> Don't know about BDA drivers, but ATI's all in wounder cards can record
> and watch TV. The interface with Media Center is alot nicer. I have to
> admit that moving up and down in Media Center has been feeling a bit slow
> lately

I am asking about third party PVR software recommendations. I already have
a twin-tuner digital DVB-T card.

ss.

JW

Re: Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??
ATI has not released any BDA drivers for the tuners on their AIW cards so
they can be used with Vista MC. Nor AFAIK have not released a Vista version
of their MMI application.
The Hauppauge PVR BDA tuner driver for Vista supports both MC on Vista and
thier own WinTV2000 PVR application both work with my 150PVR card.

"Joe Medford" <joem83@msn.com> wrote in message
> Don't know about BDA drivers, but ATI's all in wounder cards can record
> and watch TV. The interface with Media Center is alot nicer. I have to
> admit that moving up and down in Media Center has been feeling a bit slow
> lately
>
> "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message
>>
>> I've had enough of Media Centre in Vista. It's very buggy, and doesn't
>> feel very good. The interface is awful, especially when using a mouse.
>> It would be nice if Windows Media Player could play TV from BDA drivers,
>> as I like the interface a lot better.
>>
>> Well, I was wondering what other PVR programs people know of that run in
>> Vista using BDA drivers?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

Re: Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??
"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> I've had enough of Media Centre in Vista. It's very buggy, and doesn't
> feel very good. The interface is awful, especially when using a mouse.
> It would be nice if Windows Media Player could play TV from BDA drivers,
> as I like the interface a lot better.
>
> Well, I was wondering what other PVR programs people know of that run in
> Vista using BDA drivers?

I had tried SnapStream a few years ago, and found it a big resource hog.
Now I am using a much more powerful computer I thought I'd try it again.
It's called BeyondTV now, but there is no support for digital DVB-T cards
that we use in Europe and Australia.

Does anybody know of any similar PVR programs?

ss.

JW

Re: Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??
Did a PVR application come with your dual tuner DVB-T card? If so you may
be able to install that application using XP compatibility mode if the card
manufacturere has not yet relesed Vista support for it.
> "Joe Medford" <joem83@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Don't know about BDA drivers, but ATI's all in wounder cards can record
>> and watch TV. The interface with Media Center is alot nicer. I have to
>> admit that moving up and down in Media Center has been feeling a bit slow
>> lately

> I am asking about third party PVR software recommendations. I already
> have a twin-tuner digital DVB-T card.
>
> ss.

Alfred Kaufmann

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 11:01:52 -0800, "JW" <nospam@no.spam> wrote:

>ATI has not released any BDA drivers for the tuners on their AIW cards so
>they can be used with Vista MC. Nor AFAIK have not released a Vista version
>of their MMI application.

I too want back my ATI TV Tuner and my ATI DVD player and the ATI
Multi-media Centre! Any idea when ATI/AMD will have this available
for Vista?

Al

Dale

Re: Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??
I'd had enough of it as soon as I saw that up/down/side-to-side scrolling
navigation system and the horizontal display of albums. What the hell is
that? It is totally unnatural and appears to be change for change's sake;
just to make it new.

Dale

"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message

> I've had enough of Media Centre in Vista. It's very buggy, and doesn't
> feel very good. The interface is awful, especially when using a mouse.
> It would be nice if Windows Media Player could play TV from BDA drivers,
> as I like the interface a lot better.
>
> Well, I was wondering what other PVR programs people know of that run in
> Vista using BDA drivers?
>
> Cheers
>
> ss.

Re: Replacements for Vista Media Centre ??
Your card came with Compro DTV (which also gives you TV as a desktop
background). Piss poor interface overall but has a decent right click menu
that actually allows control of the TV (unlike useless Media Centre).
"Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMgomez404.elitemail.org> wrote in message
> "Joe Medford" <joem83@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Don't know about BDA drivers, but ATI's all in wounder cards can record
>> and watch TV. The interface with Media Center is alot nicer. I have to
>> admit that moving up and down in Media Center has been feeling a bit slow
>> lately

> I am asking about third party PVR software recommendations. I already
> have a twin-tuner digital DVB-T card.
>
> ss.

Synapse Syndrome

<.> wrote in message news:e7h6BX8UHHA.4756@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Your card came with Compro DTV (which also gives you TV as a desktop
> background). Piss poor interface overall but has a decent right click menu
> that actually allows control of the TV (unlike useless Media Centre).

No it didn't. What makes you say this? I have the best out of the three
DVB-T twin-tuner cards on the market, and I didn't pay for their own
software as it was not Vista ready, and still isn't.

ss.