Problem importing video in Movie Maker

=?Utf-8?B?VEU=?=

Problem importing video in Movie Maker
When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about naming
the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button and the
second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?" The
problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second option
listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?

I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.

--
TE
Graham Hughes

Re: Problem importing video in Movie Maker
What make and model is the camera?
What file format does it use?
What file format are you choosing to capture as?
What is your mode of connection?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"TE" <te@ME.com> wrote in message
> When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
> digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about naming
> the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button and
> the
> second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?" The
> problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
> Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second option
> listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?
>

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.
>

> --
> TE

=?Utf-8?B?VEU=?=

Re: Problem importing video in Movie Maker
Graham,

Camera: Sony HDR-HC1
File format: NTSC, 16:9
Capturing: High Definition Video Device Format (MPEG) - it's the only one
offered for this camera with Movie Maker
Connection: Firewire

The program captures the video just fine - but will only do so by rewinding
the tape to the beginning and capturing the whole thing. If I stop the
capture at 1 minute in a 3 minute movie, I have to rewind back to the
beginning again. If I try to pause it during capture or fast forward to
another scene it stops the capture completely and I have only the option of
rewinding back to the beginning of the tape. I have used the older version
of Movie Maker extensively with an older SD camera. When I purchased this HD
camera I went to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio for creating my HD movies as older
versions of Movie Maker would not handle HD. I'm very excited about the new
Movie Maker as it continues with the simplicity of use of the older version
but allows for a very polished movie. Thank you for any help you can offer.

--
TE

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What make and model is the camera?
> What file format does it use?
> What file format are you choosing to capture as?
> What is your mode of connection?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "TE" <te@ME.com> wrote in message
> > When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
> > digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about naming
> > the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button and
> > the
> > second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?" The
> > problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
> > Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second option
> > listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?
> >

> > I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.
> >

> > --
> > TE

Graham Hughes

Re: Problem importing video in Movie Maker
I'm afraid I can't offer any mre solid help as I don't have an HD cam to
test vista with.

Have you tested with an sd cam on vista to see if it is just the hd cam that
is affected?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"TE" <te@ME.com> wrote in message
> Graham,
>
> Camera: Sony HDR-HC1
> File format: NTSC, 16:9
> Capturing: High Definition Video Device Format (MPEG) - it's the only one
> offered for this camera with Movie Maker
> Connection: Firewire
>
> The program captures the video just fine - but will only do so by
> rewinding
> the tape to the beginning and capturing the whole thing. If I stop the
> capture at 1 minute in a 3 minute movie, I have to rewind back to the
> beginning again. If I try to pause it during capture or fast forward to
> another scene it stops the capture completely and I have only the option
> of
> rewinding back to the beginning of the tape. I have used the older
> version
> of Movie Maker extensively with an older SD camera. When I purchased this
> HD
> camera I went to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio for creating my HD movies as
> older
> versions of Movie Maker would not handle HD. I'm very excited about the
> new
> Movie Maker as it continues with the simplicity of use of the older
> version
> but allows for a very polished movie. Thank you for any help you can
> offer.
>
> --
> TE
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> What make and model is the camera?
>> What file format does it use?
>> What file format are you choosing to capture as?
>> What is your mode of connection?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "TE" <te@ME.com> wrote in message
>> > When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
>> > digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about
>> > naming
>> > the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button
>> > and
>> > the
>> > second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?"
>> > The
>> > problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
>> > Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second
>> > option
>> > listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?
>> >

>> > I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.
>> >

>> > --
>> > TE

=?Utf-8?B?SmluSWJpemE=?=

Re: Problem importing video in Movie Maker
I have the same camera and EXACTLY the same problem.

John

"TE" wrote:

> Graham,
>
> Camera: Sony HDR-HC1
> File format: NTSC, 16:9
> Capturing: High Definition Video Device Format (MPEG) - it's the only one
> offered for this camera with Movie Maker
> Connection: Firewire
>
> The program captures the video just fine - but will only do so by rewinding
> the tape to the beginning and capturing the whole thing. If I stop the
> capture at 1 minute in a 3 minute movie, I have to rewind back to the
> beginning again. If I try to pause it during capture or fast forward to
> another scene it stops the capture completely and I have only the option of
> rewinding back to the beginning of the tape. I have used the older version
> of Movie Maker extensively with an older SD camera. When I purchased this HD
> camera I went to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio for creating my HD movies as older
> versions of Movie Maker would not handle HD. I'm very excited about the new
> Movie Maker as it continues with the simplicity of use of the older version
> but allows for a very polished movie. Thank you for any help you can offer.
>
> --
> TE
>

> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
> > What make and model is the camera?
> > What file format does it use?
> > What file format are you choosing to capture as?
> > What is your mode of connection?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Graham Hughes
> > MVP Digital Media
> > www.myvideoproblems.com
> >

> > "TE" <te@ME.com> wrote in message
> > > When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
> > > digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about naming
> > > the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button and
> > > the
> > > second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?" The
> > > problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
> > > Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second option
> > > listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?
> > >

> > > I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.
> > >

> > > --
> > > TE

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTmVpbHNvbg==?=

Re: Problem importing video in Movie Maker
I have a Sony HDR-HC3 (HDV) and also have the same problem!

"JinIbiza" wrote:

> I have the same camera and EXACTLY the same problem.
>
> John
>
> "TE" wrote:
>
> > Graham,
> >
> > Camera: Sony HDR-HC1
> > File format: NTSC, 16:9
> > Capturing: High Definition Video Device Format (MPEG) - it's the only one
> > offered for this camera with Movie Maker
> > Connection: Firewire
> >
> > The program captures the video just fine - but will only do so by rewinding
> > the tape to the beginning and capturing the whole thing. If I stop the
> > capture at 1 minute in a 3 minute movie, I have to rewind back to the
> > beginning again. If I try to pause it during capture or fast forward to
> > another scene it stops the capture completely and I have only the option of
> > rewinding back to the beginning of the tape. I have used the older version
> > of Movie Maker extensively with an older SD camera. When I purchased this HD
> > camera I went to Sony's Vegas Movie Studio for creating my HD movies as older
> > versions of Movie Maker would not handle HD. I'm very excited about the new
> > Movie Maker as it continues with the simplicity of use of the older version
> > but allows for a very polished movie. Thank you for any help you can offer.
> >
> > --
> > TE
> >

> > "Graham Hughes" wrote:
> >
> > > What make and model is the camera?
> > > What file format does it use?
> > > What file format are you choosing to capture as?
> > > What is your mode of connection?
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Graham Hughes
> > > MVP Digital Media
> > > www.myvideoproblems.com

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTmVpbHNvbg==?=

"TE" wrote:

> When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
> digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about naming
> the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button and the
> second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?" The
> problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
> Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second option
> listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?
>

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.
>

> --
> TE

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgTmVpbHNvbg==?=

"TE" wrote:

> When I open Movie Maker and connect my camera and select "Import from
> digital camera" - it takes me through the first popup screen about naming
> the video, the format etc - just fine. When I hit the 'next' button and the
> second window pops up it says "Import entire videotape or just parts?" The
> problem is it only gives me one option and that is the one which says,"
> Import the entire video tape to my computer." There is no second option
> listed for importing just parts. Where did it go?
>

> I have Windows Vista Home Premium edition on a new Dell computer.
>

> --
> TE

Barb Bowman

Re: Problem importing video in Movie Maker
I see this with a Canon HV10. Firewire and x64 Ultimate.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP