Photo Gallery Compression

drm

Photo Gallery Compression
Is it possible to adjust the JPEG compression level windows photo gallery
uses when "fixed" photos are saved? When I fix a photo to get rid of red
eye, the size on disk is reduced from about 3Mb down to about 1 Mb. I would
really like to use this program instead of buying a 3rd party app, but I
don't want to lose image quality when making fixes.

Thanks
Dale

drm

Re: Photo Gallery Compression
Did I post this in the right area? It sure would be nice to have control
over the compression level. I can't seem to figure out how to do it. All I
can find in the documentation is that it is compressed at a "high" quality
level. Has Microsoft pre-determined what quality level I want or is there a
way to change it? Usually all I do to my photos is fix red-eye. The built
in tool would be great if I could use it without throwing away two thirds of
the data in my file. Oh well I guess I can do what I want with GIMP, it is
free too....

"drm" <dmcgary@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to adjust the JPEG compression level windows photo gallery
> uses when "fixed" photos are saved? When I fix a photo to get rid of red
> eye, the size on disk is reduced from about 3Mb down to about 1 Mb. I
> would really like to use this program instead of buying a 3rd party app,
> but I don't want to lose image quality when making fixes.
>
> Thanks
> Dale

gb

RE: Photo Gallery Compression
This is a great question -- Photo Gallery resaves pictures automatically if
you rotate them, so being able to control the jpeg compression level is
important for preserving detail. Any one from Microsoft want to tackle this
question?