Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working

=?Utf-8?B?SWFuLlI=?=

Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
This is a clean installation on a new PC of Vista, yet when I try to use
Photo Gallery I get a message after about 5 secs that Windows Photo Gallery
has stopped working with an action button saying Close Program. I've tried
removing all my pictures, but the problem persists.

Any help please?

Ian

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcw==?=

RE: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working

"Ian.R" wrote:

> This is a clean installation on a new PC of Vista, yet when I try to use
> Photo Gallery I get a message after about 5 secs that Windows Photo Gallery
> has stopped working with an action button saying Close Program. I've tried
> removing all my pictures, but the problem persists.
>
> Any help please?
>
> Ian

Hi Ian,
I am having exactly the same problem with Windows Photo Gallery, so
you're not alone. I have tried repairing windows with my Vista CD but it
makes no difference. I also discovered that the restore facility on Vista can
easily be switched off by mistake. This happened to me and I don't have any
restore points to help me fix the problem with Windows Photo Gallery. Bring
back the XP restore facility any day. I hope Microsoft takes notice of this
fault and posts a fix soon.

Can anyone else suggest something?

Chas.
Direwolf

RE: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
Ian -

I am having the exact same problem. One day, out of the blue, Windows Photo
Gallery just stopped working. I get the old pop-up window that says "Windows
Photo Gallery has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop
working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available". That's all I get. Nothing else. I don't get what
happened.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. Makes no sense.

Also, can I put in OS reinstallation DVD and just repair the Windows Photo
Gallery app? If so, how do I do that?

Thanks.

"Ian.R" wrote:

> This is a clean installation on a new PC of Vista, yet when I try to use
> Photo Gallery I get a message after about 5 secs that Windows Photo Gallery
> has stopped working with an action button saying Close Program. I've tried
> removing all my pictures, but the problem persists.
>
> Any help please?
>
> Ian

Dave.G

RE: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
There is a quick fix for this problem that worked for me.

1) Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders
2) Navigate to: [drive
letter]:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery
3) Delete all contents (or back up if you wish)
4) Start Windows Photo Gallery

All files should still be there, and options should stay intact, but problem
should be resoved. It may take a minute or so to rebuild your photo gallery.

Hope this helped!

Dave.G

"Ian.R" wrote:

> This is a clean installation on a new PC of Vista, yet when I try to use
> Photo Gallery I get a message after about 5 secs that Windows Photo Gallery
> has stopped working with an action button saying Close Program. I've tried
> removing all my pictures, but the problem persists.
>
> Any help please?
>
> Ian

Felix

RE: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
Ian

I'm getting excactly the same pop up window and message. Windows Photo
Gallery has stopped working....etc. It has been working good for the last six
month and now all of a sudden it just quit.
Any help would be appreciated to resolve this problem.
Thanks

"Ian.R" wrote:

> This is a clean installation on a new PC of Vista, yet when I try to use
> Photo Gallery I get a message after about 5 secs that Windows Photo Gallery
> has stopped working with an action button saying Close Program. I've tried
> removing all my pictures, but the problem persists.
>
> Any help please?
>
> Ian

Felix

RE: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
Thanks Dave!

I followed your instruction and Windows Photo Gallery is working again.

Felix :-)

"Dave.G" wrote:

> There is a quick fix for this problem that worked for me.
>
> 1) Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders
> 2) Navigate to: [drive
> letter]:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery
> 3) Delete all contents (or back up if you wish)
> 4) Start Windows Photo Gallery
>
> All files should still be there, and options should stay intact, but problem
> should be resoved. It may take a minute or so to rebuild your photo gallery.
>
> Hope this helped!
>
> Dave.G
>
> "Ian.R" wrote:
>
> > This is a clean installation on a new PC of Vista, yet when I try to use
> > Photo Gallery I get a message after about 5 secs that Windows Photo Gallery
> > has stopped working with an action button saying Close Program. I've tried
> > removing all my pictures, but the problem persists.
> >
> > Any help please?
> >
> > Ian

titch

Re: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working

hi tried what Dave.G said
1) Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and
folders
2) Navigate to: [drive
letter]:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery
3) Delete all contents (or back up if you wish)
4) Start Windows Photo Gallery
All files should still be there, and options should stay intact, but
problem
should be resoved. It may take a minute or so to rebuild your photo
gallery.
but it did not work still crashed. still need help

--
titch
titch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29853

http://forums.techarena.in

fiftypour

Re: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
Having the same issue, I tried to follow the same steps but the program
crashes after about 30 seconds!

Help please.....someone!

"titch" wrote:

> hi tried what Dave.G said
> 1) Control Panel > Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and
> folders
> 2) Navigate to: [drive
> letter]:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Photo Gallery
> 3) Delete all contents (or back up if you wish)
> 4) Start Windows Photo Gallery
> All files should still be there, and options should stay intact, but
> problem
> should be resoved. It may take a minute or so to rebuild your photo
> gallery.
> but it did not work still crashed. still need help
>

> --
> titch
> titch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29853
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=678555
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Eric.M

Re: Windows Photo Gallery has stopped working
Having also the same issue for a few days (it's been 6 month I use window
photo gallery ...). The solution of Dave.G worked until I rebuilt my photo
gallery.
Looks like Microsoft is working on the issue, does anyone have more
information about it ? Any other idea to fix it ?
Thanks.