Windows DVD Maker dissapears???

Wolf Rogers

Windows DVD Maker dissapears???
After I make a list of files to put onto a DVD, I click the next
button.......and DVD Maker just vanishes. The window changes to the next
screen, acts like it's loading for a second, then just dissapears. I thought
it might be the codec for the file I was trying to use, so I tried
everything...avi, mpg, wmv, ogg....And the same with picture formats. I
never get any change. And I don't have the solutions thing shut off either.
Nothing is different from the fresh install except for the current updates.
Any ideas?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows DVD Maker dissapears???

Is there any information about this shutdown/exception in the Problem
Reports and Solutions center?

What third party codec packages were installed to this system?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Wolf Rogers" <WolfRogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After I make a list of files to put onto a DVD, I click the next
> button.......and DVD Maker just vanishes. The window changes to the next
> screen, acts like it's loading for a second, then just dissapears. I
> thought
> it might be the codec for the file I was trying to use, so I tried
> everything...avi, mpg, wmv, ogg....And the same with picture formats. I
> never get any change. And I don't have the solutions thing shut off
> either.
> Nothing is different from the fresh install except for the current
> updates.
> Any ideas?

Wolf Rogers

Re: Windows DVD Maker dissapears???

Currently, I'm using Storm Codec pack. As for information from
Vista...nothing. It just....-dissapears-. Odd, I know. I actually figured
out a different way to go about doing what I was wanting to, so it's not an
issue anymore, but if you happen to have the urge to figure it out, I'll keep
an eye out here.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is there any information about this shutdown/exception in the Problem
> Reports and Solutions center?
>
> What third party codec packages were installed to this system?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
>
> "Wolf Rogers" <WolfRogers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > After I make a list of files to put onto a DVD, I click the next
> > button.......and DVD Maker just vanishes. The window changes to the next
> > screen, acts like it's loading for a second, then just dissapears. I
> > thought
> > it might be the codec for the file I was trying to use, so I tried
> > everything...avi, mpg, wmv, ogg....And the same with picture formats. I
> > never get any change. And I don't have the solutions thing shut off
> > either.
> > Nothing is different from the fresh install except for the current
> > updates.
> > Any ideas?

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Windows DVD Maker dissapears???

Storm Codec Pack is awful. OK, that means you have Voxware on the system,
right? If you find the file msms001.vwp on your system, you really really
really want to rename it or uninstall Voxware or Storm and get rid of that.
Otherwise you should expect to have random crashes.