Change photo gallery display order

DVDDan

Change photo gallery display order
Here is the situation: I have a folder of photos open, the photos are in
thumbnail display sorted by file name left to right and progressing down row
by row as we are all used to. If I preview the first photo (row 1 column 1)
in Windows photo gallery and then click the next photo arrow the next image
displayed is the first image in row 2 column 1, it will then progress down
the column to the last row and then start back up at the top and work down
column 2. How do I get the preview to follow the sort order of the folder, or
is this a new "feature" of Vista?

thanks

Re: Change photo gallery display order
Its seems to correct itself if you say re-sort by some fashion then upon
re-sorting to the original format the preview will now follow the correct
order. Is this a known bug, just me or something else. Now more curious than
annoyed at this point.

"DVDDan" <DVDDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the situation: I have a folder of photos open, the photos are in
> thumbnail display sorted by file name left to right and progressing down
> row
> by row as we are all used to. If I preview the first photo (row 1 column
> 1)
> in Windows photo gallery and then click the next photo arrow the next
> image
> displayed is the first image in row 2 column 1, it will then progress down
> the column to the last row and then start back up at the top and work down
> column 2. How do I get the preview to follow the sort order of the folder,
> or
> is this a new "feature" of Vista?
>
> thanks

Adam Albright

Re: Change photo gallery display order
On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:25:01 -0800, DVDDan
<DVDDan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Here is the situation: I have a folder of photos open, the photos are in
>thumbnail display sorted by file name left to right and progressing down row
>by row as we are all used to. If I preview the first photo (row 1 column 1)
>in Windows photo gallery and then click the next photo arrow the next image
>displayed is the first image in row 2 column 1, it will then progress down
>the column to the last row and then start back up at the top and work down
>column 2. How do I get the preview to follow the sort order of the folder, or
>is this a new "feature" of Vista?
>
>thanks

I have no idea why you see that, I sure don't. When I open Photo
Gallery and click the next photo arrow it walks across the row then
goes down to the next row when it reaches the end and continues across
the next row and so on. Press the reverse arrow it goes the other way.