Divx Codec UAC possible issue?
I've installed the DivX codec's via the divx installation v 6.4.0. Under the
default Administration user account WMP 11 correctly plays divx video files,
however, after creating a new user account (standard user), playing files
doesn't work as it can't find the codec's required. The list of codec's in
WMP shows that the DIVX codec is installed under both users. more info
1) I have run Process Monitor, and can't see any obvious access denied issues
2) I do not receive any error messages when trying to play the divx files
(access denied to file blah).
3) I've tried setting the standard user account to an Admin user, which
also has no effect.
4) The DivX player will successfully play divx files under both users.
5) Other applications can't use (but can see) the codec either (E.g. GSPOT
codec info applience)
6) Currently running Vista RTM (all auto updates applied)
It seems like something may be silently failing.