DVD Maker

PapaJohn

DVD Maker
Have you waited hours and hours for movie renderings in XP, which sometimes
don't successfully finish?

If you're heading to a DVD, Vista's DVD Maker accepts Movie Maker's project
files.... so you can skip right over the renderings. It'll make the MPEG-2
files for the disc right from the movies' source files.

PapaJohn

Puppy Breath

Re: DVD Maker
I don't recall DVD Maker any arbitrary scene splits when I last used it. I
don't have time to play around with it right now. But as I recall it works
like any other DVD authoring program. You create one or more movies in Movie
Maker. Then you burn them to a DVD.

"Scene splits" in Movie Maker are irrelevant because it's not about burning
clips to DVD. It's about burning finished movies. First you make the movie,
then you burn.

--
"KevinL" <KevinL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes thats true but DVD Maker wont keep any of the scene splits you made in
> Movie Maker, DVD Maker overrides your cuts and makes its own. Very
> frustrating.
>
> "PapaJohn" wrote:
>
>> Have you waited hours and hours for movie renderings in XP, which
>> sometimes
>> don't successfully finish?
>>
>> If you're heading to a DVD, Vista's DVD Maker accepts Movie Maker's
>> project
>> files.... so you can skip right over the renderings. It'll make the
>> MPEG-2
>> files for the disc right from the movies' source files.
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn

Puppy Breath

Re: DVD Maker
I don't have time to do anything major right now. But just to try it out
real quick, I published four small movies, each in DV-AVI (NTSC) format to
my Videos folders. Their names are Bear, Butterfly, Lake, and River. Then I
closed Movie Maker.

Then I opened DVD Maker (click Start type dv and click Windows DVD Maker).
Then I clicked Add Items. Then I selected the icons for those four movies,
clicked Add, and each came into DVD Maker as its own icon.

Then I clicked Options, choose "Start with DVD menu" and the defaults for
everything else, then clicked OK.

Then I clicked Next> and chose one of the menu styles and then just
continued on and burned the DVD.

I stuck the DVD disk in the DVD player for my TV. When the menu opened I
clicked Scenes. And I had one icon per movie I'd burned. Clicking a movie's
icon played that one movie.

Basically, it works exactly as you would expect and exactly as described in
the Help (click the Start button, choose Help and Support, type

dvd maker

and press Enter). I don't recall it working any other way even during the
beta.

--
"KevinL" <KevinL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsCBBA8DB-560A-4941-8D5F-4CC3FA20D80B@microsoft.com...
> When you have a chance could you walk through the steps of it again? Ive
> tried multiple times and everytime DVD Maker makes its own scene cuts. I
> make
> my cuts in Movie Maker, send them to the storyboard and I have tried both
> publish movie to "dvd" and to "my comptuer" then i go to dvd maker and go
> the menu preview section and all of my scenes i cut up are not there,
> instead
> there are random ones which are no where near where i want the cuts. I
> would
> love help on this.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Puppy Breath" wrote:
>
>> I don't recall DVD Maker any arbitrary scene splits when I last used it.
>> don't have time to play around with it right now. But as I recall it
>> works
>> like any other DVD authoring program. You create one or more movies in
>> Movie
>> Maker. Then you burn them to a DVD.
>>
>> "Scene splits" in Movie Maker are irrelevant because it's not about
>> burning
>> clips to DVD. It's about burning finished movies. First you make the
>> movie,
>> then you burn.
>>

>> --
>> "KevinL" <KevinL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes thats true but DVD Maker wont keep any of the scene splits you made
>> > in
>> > Movie Maker, DVD Maker overrides your cuts and makes its own. Very
>> > frustrating.

Puppy Breath

Re: DVD Maker
Yeah. It's amazing how much better or more better things go and how more
efficiently your time is used if you actually take a few minute to learn to
use a thing before you start guessing and hacking away at it.

But of course, then you also don't have the drama of defeated expectations
and assuming there's something wrong with the product rather than something
wrong with your arbitrary beliefs and bad guesses. And what fun would it be
without some hair-pulling frustration and community group ranting? ;-)

--

> [...]
>>
>> and press Enter). I don't recall it working any other way even during the
>> beta.
>>

>> --
>> "KevinL" <KevinL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsCBBA8DB-560A-4941-8D5F-4CC3FA20D80B@microsoft.com...
>> > When you have a chance could you walk through the steps of it again?
>> > Ive
>> > tried multiple times and everytime DVD Maker makes its own scene cuts.
>> > make
>> > my cuts in Movie Maker, send them to the storyboard and I have tried
>> > both
>> > publish movie to "dvd" and to "my comptuer" then i go to dvd maker and
>> > go
>> > the menu preview section and all of my scenes i cut up are not there,
>> > instead
>> > there are random ones which are no where near where i want the cuts. I

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW5M?=

RE: DVD Maker

"PapaJohn" wrote:

> Have you waited hours and hours for movie renderings in XP, which sometimes
> don't successfully finish?
>
> If you're heading to a DVD, Vista's DVD Maker accepts Movie Maker's project
> files.... so you can skip right over the renderings. It'll make the MPEG-2
> files for the disc right from the movies' source files.
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW5M?=

Re: DVD Maker
When you have a chance could you walk through the steps of it again? Ive
tried multiple times and everytime DVD Maker makes its own scene cuts. I make
my cuts in Movie Maker, send them to the storyboard and I have tried both
publish movie to "dvd" and to "my comptuer" then i go to dvd maker and go to

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> I don't recall DVD Maker any arbitrary scene splits when I last used it. I
> don't have time to play around with it right now. But as I recall it works
> like any other DVD authoring program. You create one or more movies in Movie
> Maker. Then you burn them to a DVD.
>
> "Scene splits" in Movie Maker are irrelevant because it's not about burning
> clips to DVD. It's about burning finished movies. First you make the movie,
> then you burn.
>

> --
> "KevinL" <KevinL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes thats true but DVD Maker wont keep any of the scene splits you made in
> > Movie Maker, DVD Maker overrides your cuts and makes its own. Very
> > frustrating.
> >
> > "PapaJohn" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you waited hours and hours for movie renderings in XP, which
> >> sometimes
> >> don't successfully finish?
> >>
> >> If you're heading to a DVD, Vista's DVD Maker accepts Movie Maker's
> >> project
> >> files.... so you can skip right over the renderings. It'll make the
> >> MPEG-2
> >> files for the disc right from the movies' source files.
> >> --
> >> website references are to www.papajohn.org
> >>
> >> PapaJohn

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW5M?=

Re: DVD Maker

"Puppy Breath" wrote:

> I don't have time to do anything major right now. But just to try it out
> real quick, I published four small movies, each in DV-AVI (NTSC) format to
> my Videos folders. Their names are Bear, Butterfly, Lake, and River. Then I
> closed Movie Maker.
>
> Then I opened DVD Maker (click Start type dv and click Windows DVD Maker).
> Then I clicked Add Items. Then I selected the icons for those four movies,
> clicked Add, and each came into DVD Maker as its own icon.
>
> Then I clicked Options, choose "Start with DVD menu" and the defaults for
> everything else, then clicked OK.
>
> Then I clicked Next> and chose one of the menu styles and then just
> continued on and burned the DVD.
>
> I stuck the DVD disk in the DVD player for my TV. When the menu opened I
> clicked Scenes. And I had one icon per movie I'd burned. Clicking a movie's
> icon played that one movie.
>
> Basically, it works exactly as you would expect and exactly as described in
> the Help (click the Start button, choose Help and Support, type
>
> dvd maker
>
> and press Enter). I don't recall it working any other way even during the
> beta.
>

> --
> "KevinL" <KevinL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsCBBA8DB-560A-4941-8D5F-4CC3FA20D80B@microsoft.com...
> > When you have a chance could you walk through the steps of it again? Ive
> > tried multiple times and everytime DVD Maker makes its own scene cuts. I
> > make
> > my cuts in Movie Maker, send them to the storyboard and I have tried both
> > publish movie to "dvd" and to "my comptuer" then i go to dvd maker and go
> > the menu preview section and all of my scenes i cut up are not there,
> > instead
> > there are random ones which are no where near where i want the cuts. I
> > would
> > love help on this.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Puppy Breath" wrote:
> >
> >> I don't recall DVD Maker any arbitrary scene splits when I last used it.
> >> don't have time to play around with it right now. But as I recall it
> >> works
> >> like any other DVD authoring program. You create one or more movies in
> >> Movie
> >> Maker. Then you burn them to a DVD.
> >>
> >> "Scene splits" in Movie Maker are irrelevant because it's not about
> >> burning
> >> clips to DVD. It's about burning finished movies. First you make the
> >> movie,
> >> then you burn.

=?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW5M?=

Re: DVD Maker