No such interface supported

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hlZXNlYnVyZ2Vy?=

No such interface supported
This is a minor annoyance, but I am trying to figure out why this is
happening now.

I am running the final release Vista - and I'm running a gadget that
displays image files in a specified directory. The files show fine in the
window on the gadget bar, but when I click on the option to expand an image
(used to come up in MS Photo), I get the error mentioned in the title: No
such interface supported.

It worked, after my install of Vista, but at some point (several updates
later), it started producing this error.

These same image files come up fine in explorer in the preview pane.

HOWEVER, mp3's no longer appear in the preview pane like they used to.

Any ideas on what I can do to restore these minor things to working order
without doing a system restore?

Dale

Re: No such interface supported
Your statements appear to be discussing different problems. Are you talking
about the photo gallery gadget? If so, what would that have to do with MP3
files? Where is the MP3 file problem happening.

Please be more specific.

Dale

"Cheeseburger" <Cheeseburger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a minor annoyance, but I am trying to figure out why this is
> happening now.
>
> I am running the final release Vista - and I'm running a gadget that
> displays image files in a specified directory. The files show fine in the
> window on the gadget bar, but when I click on the option to expand an
> image
> (used to come up in MS Photo), I get the error mentioned in the title: No
> such interface supported.
>
> It worked, after my install of Vista, but at some point (several updates
> later), it started producing this error.
>
> These same image files come up fine in explorer in the preview pane.
>
> HOWEVER, mp3's no longer appear in the preview pane like they used to.
>
> Any ideas on what I can do to restore these minor things to working order
> without doing a system restore?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hlZXNlYnVyZ2Vy?=

Re: No such interface supported
Yes, the photo gallery gadget. The reason I brought up the MP3 part is
because in looking for answers I uncovered a lot about the preview pane not
working for certain files. I thought there might be a correlation. The mp3
issue is only that the preview pane involving media player inside explorer
quit working around the same time.

These may be two totally independent issues.

"Dale" wrote:

> Your statements appear to be discussing different problems. Are you talking
> about the photo gallery gadget? If so, what would that have to do with MP3
> files? Where is the MP3 file problem happening.
>
> Please be more specific.
>
> Dale
>
> "Cheeseburger" <Cheeseburger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is a minor annoyance, but I am trying to figure out why this is
> > happening now.
> >
> > I am running the final release Vista - and I'm running a gadget that
> > displays image files in a specified directory. The files show fine in the
> > window on the gadget bar, but when I click on the option to expand an
> > image
> > (used to come up in MS Photo), I get the error mentioned in the title: No
> > such interface supported.
> >
> > It worked, after my install of Vista, but at some point (several updates
> > later), it started producing this error.
> >
> > These same image files come up fine in explorer in the preview pane.
> >
> > HOWEVER, mp3's no longer appear in the preview pane like they used to.
> >
> > Any ideas on what I can do to restore these minor things to working order
> > without doing a system restore?

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZUNhc3Blcg==?=

Re: No such interface supported

I have encountered exactly the same problem/error with the photo gallery
gadget (Vista Ultimate, retail version). It worked for a few hours, but now
clicking the button to preview the picture displayed in the gadget brings up
an error dialog "No such interface supported".

Any ideas of a solution?

"Cheeseburger" wrote:

> Yes, the photo gallery gadget. The reason I brought up the MP3 part is
> because in looking for answers I uncovered a lot about the preview pane not
> working for certain files. I thought there might be a correlation. The mp3
> issue is only that the preview pane involving media player inside explorer
> quit working around the same time.
>
> These may be two totally independent issues.
>
> "Dale" wrote:
>
> > Your statements appear to be discussing different problems. Are you talking
> > about the photo gallery gadget? If so, what would that have to do with MP3
> > files? Where is the MP3 file problem happening.
> >
> > Please be more specific.
> >
> > Dale
> >
> > "Cheeseburger" <Cheeseburger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > This is a minor annoyance, but I am trying to figure out why this is
> > > happening now.
> > >
> > > I am running the final release Vista - and I'm running a gadget that
> > > displays image files in a specified directory. The files show fine in the
> > > window on the gadget bar, but when I click on the option to expand an
> > > image
> > > (used to come up in MS Photo), I get the error mentioned in the title: No
> > > such interface supported.
> > >
> > > It worked, after my install of Vista, but at some point (several updates
> > > later), it started producing this error.
> > >
> > > These same image files come up fine in explorer in the preview pane.
> > >
> > > HOWEVER, mp3's no longer appear in the preview pane like they used to.
> > >
> > > Any ideas on what I can do to restore these minor things to working order
> > > without doing a system restore?

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9obg==?=

Re: No such interface supported
Same here.

"DaveCasper" wrote:

> I have encountered exactly the same problem/error with the photo gallery
> gadget (Vista Ultimate, retail version). It worked for a few hours, but now
> clicking the button to preview the picture displayed in the gadget brings up
> an error dialog "No such interface supported".
>
> Any ideas of a solution?
>
> "Cheeseburger" wrote:
>
> > Yes, the photo gallery gadget. The reason I brought up the MP3 part is
> > because in looking for answers I uncovered a lot about the preview pane not
> > working for certain files. I thought there might be a correlation. The mp3
> > issue is only that the preview pane involving media player inside explorer
> > quit working around the same time.
> >
> > These may be two totally independent issues.
> >
> > "Dale" wrote:
> >
> > > Your statements appear to be discussing different problems. Are you talking
> > > about the photo gallery gadget? If so, what would that have to do with MP3
> > > files? Where is the MP3 file problem happening.
> > >
> > > Please be more specific.
> > >
> > > Dale

Julius Hack

Re: No such interface supported

I can't tell you how I got the "No such Interface Supported" message
after trying to view a picture in the Vista Slide Show gadget, but I
can tell you what I did to get it and to get it and how I got it
working again.

My problem started when I deleted MSOffice 2007 Beta from my Vista
drive and installed the final version of Office 2007.

I figured it had something to do with the default program for opening
the picture. I right-clicked on some other random JPEG, went to "Open
With ..." and saw three programs: MS Office Picture Manager, Paint and
Windows Photo Gallery. The Gadget had originally been set to open using
MS Office Picture Manager, and it was now giving me that message.

So I changed the default opening program to Windows Photo Gallery,
which solved the problem.

HOWEVER, I then went back into the random JPEG and changed the default
back to MS Office Picture Manager, and that worked too.

I assume it was something to do with deleting the Office Beta and
installing the gold code.

Julius H.

--
Julius Hack
=?Utf-8?B?RlI=?=

Re: No such interface supported
I am running windows Vista Business and I can also confirm the problem
happened when I uninstalled the Beta version of office. I had expected the
installation of Office 2007 would have cured the problem but it did not. I
also have tried changing back and forth between the default programs, but the
error still happening. The same solution was posted for Vista running on 64
bits, I would not expected to have a different behavior in 32 bits but seems
like it does.

Any suggestions?

"Julius Hack" wrote:

> I can't tell you how I got the "No such Interface Supported" message
> after trying to view a picture in the Vista Slide Show gadget, but I
> can tell you what I did to get it and to get it and how I got it
> working again.
>
> My problem started when I deleted MSOffice 2007 Beta from my Vista
> drive and installed the final version of Office 2007.
>
> I figured it had something to do with the default program for opening
> the picture. I right-clicked on some other random JPEG, went to "Open
> With ..." and saw three programs: MS Office Picture Manager, Paint and
> Windows Photo Gallery. The Gadget had originally been set to open using
> MS Office Picture Manager, and it was now giving me that message.
>
> So I changed the default opening program to Windows Photo Gallery,
> which solved the problem.
>
> HOWEVER, I then went back into the random JPEG and changed the default
> back to MS Office Picture Manager, and that worked too.
>
> I assume it was something to do with deleting the Office Beta and
> installing the gold code.
>
> Julius H.
>

> --
> Julius Hack

Julius Hack

Re: No such interface supported

I've chewed this over and come up empty, I'm afraid. However, I can
suggest one other thing, which I haven't tried.

Since it was an Office product (Office Picture Manager) that stopped
working when I uninstalled Office beta, and since I replaced it with a
Windows product (Windows Photo Gallery), then I conclude the gadget has
trouble changing its preferences from one system to another.

But have you tried switching the default opening program to Internet
Explorer (and then back again)? IE is, after all, a Windows program,
not an Office one. And, come to think of it, perhaps if you have
another picture-editing program, such as PhotoShop -- you'll be doing
it only for a moment anyway.

It's a bit of a long shot, but the logic should hold.

Good luck.

JH

--
Julius Hack
Dmitry_Sherman

Re: No such interface supported

same here.
Vista 64bit business, Installed Office 2007 beta, uninstalled.
Installed Trial Office 2007 Standard.

Doubleclick on the pictures working, but when trying to view from the
gadget i get this error.
When i changed the default program to msPaint there was no error, but
when changed back to "Windows Photo Gallery" it showed up the annoying
error about some interface.

no solution so far.

--
Dmitry_Sherman
Dmitry_Sherman

Re: No such interface supported

Anybody with a "working" "Windows Photo Gallery", please can you do a
search in the Vista registry in:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/classes/interface

look for the key related to "Windows Photo Gallery", if there is such,
please export the key.

I guess Office 2007 beta just deletes this key when uninstalled.
Thanks, any help will be appriciated.

--
Dmitry_Sherman

'web hosting' (http://www.interhost.co.il) Israel