Chapters In Movie & Dvd maker

=?Utf-8?B?Rw==?=

Chapters In Movie & Dvd maker
Is it possible to create your own chaptors in Movie maker or the dvd maker?

Dave Johnson [MSFT]

Re: Chapters In Movie & Dvd maker
Yes, it is possible. Please see this help topic for additional information:

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...362251033.mspx

I hope this helps.

--
Dave Johnson
Windows User Assistance team

confoozed user

Re: Chapters In Movie & Dvd maker
Dave, I checked out that link you provided but it's not listing what i'm
looking for. I dont know if the other posting is looking for the same thing
as i am but I'm trying to create chapters at points i want instead of where
the program puts it which i believe is every 4 mins or so. Do you know if
this is possible?

thanks

"Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Yes, it is possible. Please see this help topic for additional information:
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...362251033.mspx
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> --
> Dave Johnson
> Windows User Assistance team
> Microsoft Corporation

Adam Albright

Re: Chapters In Movie & Dvd maker
On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:51:00 -0700, confoozed user
<confoozeduser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dave, I checked out that link you provided but it's not listing what i'm
>looking for. I dont know if the other posting is looking for the same thing
>as i am but I'm trying to create chapters at points i want instead of where
>the program puts it which i believe is every 4 mins or so. Do you know if
>this is possible?

I hate to keep repeating myself, but facts are facts. Microsoft's
movie maker and DVD maker are TOYS barely capable of doing anything.

If you want better results, use better tools!

Of course you should be able to have chapters begin ANYWHERE you want
them to begin. Not evenly spaced out, not limited to so many. Better
software of course lets you do that. Entry level programs have entry
level features. If you want more you need to invest about $100 to
start getting decent options.

This may be useful in that it answers some basic questions:

http://www.aidinc.com/features/dvdfaq.asp

If you're just starting out and making DVDs for personal use, maybe
making videos of weddings, things like that, look at the so-called
prosumer class, avoid the consumer class since many wanted features
like motion menu and other features are crippled or missing and you
are often stuck with cookie cutter templates.

For a absolute steal, download a trial of Sony's Movie Maker+DVD.
While I would rate it somewhere between high end consumer to mid range
prosumer as far as class it is fairly easy to learn, loaded with
advanced features and based on it's award winning big brother Vegas, a
full blown professional video editor with all the bells and whistles
that I use. It's DVD Authoring capabilities are based on DVD
Architect, also a professional grade application.

Adding chapters is as easy as clicking a button on a timeline where
you want them then the software can automatically create thumbnails
and sub menu pages.

Evan Barr

Re: Chapters In Movie & Dvd maker
Yes, you can create your own chapters. You have to create a separate project
in Movie Maker for each chapter. You can then add all the projects to DVD
Maker and it will make each one a chapter.

Unfortunately, I do not see a way to add a title to each chapter in the menu
without making it part of the video.
------
http://www.ProjectInVision.com