WMP11 and dvr-ms files

Bill Pomeroy

Re: WMP11 and dvr-ms files
Thanks, Gary, I was having the same problem. Only audio, no video. With the
date reset, all is OK again.
BillP

"Gary Mount" <gary_mount@telus.net> wrote in message
> If you change the date of your computer to Jan 3, 2007, then it will work.
> The codec's have expired. The error message you get appears to be
> erroneous.
>
> "Newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using the RC2 v5744 for Vista. This was working before but now it's
>> not. My dvr-ms files will only play in Media Center. When I try to play
>> them in WMP11, I get this error: "Your computer is running low on
>> memory. Quit other programs and then try again." First of all, there are
>> no other programs running besides the ones in the system tray and the
>> processes. Secondly, there's 111gb of free hard drive space and I have
>> 2gb of ram in the computer.
>>
>> Does anyone have a solution or know what could possibly be wrong?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> newtechie

PapaJohn

Re: WMP11 and dvr-ms files
I'm running the final release with 1 GB of RAM and don't have that issue.

PapaJohn

"Newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the RC2 v5744 for Vista. This was working before but now it's
> not. My dvr-ms files will only play in Media Center. When I try to play
> them in WMP11, I get this error: "Your computer is running low on memory.
> Quit other programs and then try again." First of all, there are no other
> programs running besides the ones in the system tray and the processes.
> Secondly, there's 111gb of free hard drive space and I have 2gb of ram in
> the computer.
>
> Does anyone have a solution or know what could possibly be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> newtechie

Gary Mount

Re: WMP11 and dvr-ms files
If you change the date of your computer to Jan 3, 2007, then it will work.
The codec's have expired. The error message you get appears to be erroneous.

"Newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the RC2 v5744 for Vista. This was working before but now it's
> not. My dvr-ms files will only play in Media Center. When I try to play
> them in WMP11, I get this error: "Your computer is running low on memory.
> Quit other programs and then try again." First of all, there are no other
> programs running besides the ones in the system tray and the processes.
> Secondly, there's 111gb of free hard drive space and I have 2gb of ram in
> the computer.
>
> Does anyone have a solution or know what could possibly be wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> newtechie

Newtechie

Re: WMP11 and dvr-ms files
Thanks for the response Gary. That's weird that this would happen but then
again it's a beta. I guess I won't have to worry about this in the final
release (at least I hope I don't).