Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Media Center will not play AVI

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VHJvbmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Media Center will not play AVI
Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am getting
error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
I've seen that problem with avi's that use the xvid codec. Hopefully they
will write a new version of the codec soon.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"Trond" <Trond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:94658646-07C2-4D89-8BD0-9283C68BED37@microsoft.com...
> Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
> AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am getting
> error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
> Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VHJvbmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
OK, good to know.
But, in the meantime is there anything I can do to have the AVI use MP codec
or something?
Thanks

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> I've seen that problem with avi's that use the xvid codec. Hopefully they
> will write a new version of the codec soon.
>
> --
> Kerry Brown
> Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
> http://www.vistahelp.ca
>
>
> "Trond" <Trond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:94658646-07C2-4D89-8BD0-9283C68BED37@microsoft.com...
> > Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
> > AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am getting
> > error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
> > Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
Stuart
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
Media Center on x64 is a 64bit app. the default media player is 32bit. You
only have a 32 bit codec installed - get an x64 version of the codec and all
will be shiny!
http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/ff...64-rev2546.exe


"Trond" <Trond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:94658646-07C2-4D89-8BD0-9283C68BED37@microsoft.com...
> Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
> AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am getting
> error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
> Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
=?Utf-8?B?VHJvbmQ=?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
Thank You Stuart!!!!
You made my week!!

"Stuart" wrote:

> Media Center on x64 is a 64bit app. the default media player is 32bit. You
> only have a 32 bit codec installed - get an x64 version of the codec and all
> will be shiny!
> http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/ff...64-rev2546.exe
>
>
> "Trond" <Trond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:94658646-07C2-4D89-8BD0-9283C68BED37@microsoft.com...
> > Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
> > AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am getting
> > error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
> > Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
Walter Blanchard
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
Internet Explorer 7 Banned
Internet Explorer 7 is banned from this server.


--

Walter B
walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com

"Stuart" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
news:BD307E57-7077-4AB2-8853-DB26E3440A4C@microsoft.com...
> Media Center on x64 is a 64bit app. the default media player is 32bit. You
> only have a 32 bit codec installed - get an x64 version of the codec and
> all will be shiny!
> http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/ff...64-rev2546.exe
>
>
> "Trond" <Trond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:94658646-07C2-4D89-8BD0-9283C68BED37@microsoft.com...
>> Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
>> AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am
>> getting
>> error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
>> Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?

>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2007
Stuart
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
Indeed - there's nothing like a geeky fanboy totalitarian for making GWB
look like a liberal!

try:
Gigaget
GetRight
The list goes on

HTH
S.
"Walter Blanchard" <Walter B@communities.nospam> wrote in message
news:2A47FF58-62FD-427D-87F5-9ED8B0BAF1F0@microsoft.com...
> Internet Explorer 7 Banned
> Internet Explorer 7 is banned from this server.
>
>
> --
>
> Walter B
> walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
>
> "Stuart" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> news:BD307E57-7077-4AB2-8853-DB26E3440A4C@microsoft.com...
>> Media Center on x64 is a 64bit app. the default media player is 32bit.
>> You only have a 32 bit codec installed - get an x64 version of the codec
>> and all will be shiny!
>> http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/ff...64-rev2546.exe
>>
>>
>> "Trond" <Trond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:94658646-07C2-4D89-8BD0-9283C68BED37@microsoft.com...
>>> Running legit Ultimate 64 bit,
>>> AVI plays just fine in Media Player, but not in Media Center. I am
>>> getting
>>> error message saying I`m missing one or more codecs.
>>> Anybody have a good idea on how to fix this?

>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2007
Wayne W.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
"Walter Blanchard" <Walter B@communities.nospam> wrote in message
news:2A47FF58-62FD-427D-87F5-9ED8B0BAF1F0@microsoft.com...
> Internet Explorer 7 Banned
> Internet Explorer 7 is banned from this server.
>
>
> --
>
> Walter B



http://esby.free.fr/CelticDruid/mirr...64-rev2546.exe



Wayne

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-12-2007
Walter Blanchard
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center will not play AVI
Thanks, Wayne.

--

Walter B
walterb[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com

"Wayne W." <waynewastier@charter.net> wrote in message
news:e%23tpmtbNHHA.3588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> "Walter Blanchard" <Walter B@communities.nospam> wrote in message
> news:2A47FF58-62FD-427D-87F5-9ED8B0BAF1F0@microsoft.com...
>> Internet Explorer 7 Banned
>> Internet Explorer 7 is banned from this server.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Walter B

>
>
> http://esby.free.fr/CelticDruid/mirr...64-rev2546.exe
>
>
>
> Wayne


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE: Picture Gallery & Media Center =?Utf-8?B?QW5kcmV3IFNodXR0bGV3b3J0aA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 01-08-2007 12:24
Re: media center stopped wotking =?Utf-8?B?VGVjaG5vbG9neSBHdXk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 01-05-2007 20:19
Autoplay does not provide Media Center nor Media Player as option =?Utf-8?B?cGIgZmxvcmFuY2U=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-23-2006 05:12
Windows Vista Media center does not play TV clips - Please help!!! =?Utf-8?B?bWNwMTEx?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-20-2006 14:11
Vista RC1: Media Center - Video codec error while trying to play DVD-video disc rtc microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 12-06-2006 09:23




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:02.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120