Windows not remembering ur last save location for pictures

=?Utf-8?B?WnVlcw==?=

Windows not remembering ur last save location for pictures
Hey all, so when im saving pictures from my site im just going "save picture
as" and it gives me the "save picture" window and i select the folder i want
to save it in it saves it. BUT! when i go and try to save another picture in
the same folder, i have to go back and select the folder again to save it
in!!! and sometimes it doesnt do that windows remembers what folder i saved
the picture in last time!!! xp pro used to do that as im aware all xp
versions did that. If you were saving pitures or files in the same folder
when you went to save some more files it would remember the last folder you
were in! help! tyvm
mxh

Re: Windows not remembering ur last save location for pictures

"Zues" <Zues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey all, so when im saving pictures from my site im just going "save
> picture
> as" and it gives me the "save picture" window and i select the folder i
> want
> to save it in it saves it. BUT! when i go and try to save another picture
> in
> the same folder, i have to go back and select the folder again to save it
> in!!! and sometimes it doesnt do that windows remembers what folder i
> saved
> the picture in last time!!! xp pro used to do that as im aware all xp
> versions did that. If you were saving pitures or files in the same folder
> when you went to save some more files it would remember the last folder
> you
> were in! help! tyvm

I have to agree with you, and that's a pet peeve for me in Vista. It appears
to be by design. The only work around I have for you is to see if it appears
in the in the location drop down list. If not, it will appear when you click
on the Recent Places link in the left pane ( if you have "Favorite Links"
showing).

mxh

mxh

Re: Windows not remembering ur last save location for pictures
Actually, I decided (finally) to experiment with this after responding to
you. I experience this issue only when clcking on the thumbnail or link of
an image I wish to save opens in a new window. If I right click and choose
"save picture as" in the same window every time, it retains the same path.
This will not carry over to a new window, nor will the same path be
available upon opening a new IE after closing down the IE instance in which
you saved to the desired path, if that makes sense. Not very efficient, is
it?

mxh

"mxh" <mxh@mmm.com> wrote in message

> "Zues" <Zues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hey all, so when im saving pictures from my site im just going "save
>> picture
>> as" and it gives me the "save picture" window and i select the folder i
>> want
>> to save it in it saves it. BUT! when i go and try to save another picture
>> in
>> the same folder, i have to go back and select the folder again to save it
>> in!!! and sometimes it doesnt do that windows remembers what folder i
>> saved
>> the picture in last time!!! xp pro used to do that as im aware all xp
>> versions did that. If you were saving pitures or files in the same folder
>> when you went to save some more files it would remember the last folder
>> you
>> were in! help! tyvm

> I have to agree with you, and that's a pet peeve for me in Vista. It
> appears to be by design. The only work around I have for you is to see if
> it appears in the in the location drop down list. If not, it will appear
> when you click on the Recent Places link in the left pane ( if you have
> "Favorite Links" showing).
>
> mxh

240zracer

RE: Windows not remembering ur last save location for pictures
This problem is enough to make me get rid of Vista. It makes saving several
pictures to the same folder a horrible experience. Does anyone actually know
that this functionality is gone intentionally and there is no fix?

"Zues" wrote:

> Hey all, so when im saving pictures from my site im just going "save picture
> as" and it gives me the "save picture" window and i select the folder i want
> to save it in it saves it. BUT! when i go and try to save another picture in
> the same folder, i have to go back and select the folder again to save it
> in!!! and sometimes it doesnt do that windows remembers what folder i saved
> the picture in last time!!! xp pro used to do that as im aware all xp
> versions did that. If you were saving pitures or files in the same folder
> when you went to save some more files it would remember the last folder you
> were in! help! tyvm

redlester

Re: Windows not remembering ur last save location for pictures

If you turn off UAC it solves the problem, or has done for me.

It also sloves the problem of not being able to save Favourites. It
appears the problem arises if you change the default location of the
Favourites folder (which I always do). Thurning off UAC removes the
issue.

--
redlester
redlester's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32886