Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player

=?Utf-8?B?Y2FubmVkc29kYQ==?=

Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player
When trying to play some of the sample wmv files in windows media player I
get no video or sound (the bear, butterfly and lake samples) . If I stop the
video and press play again an error pops up with "Windows media player cannot
perform the requested action at this time". If I click on the web help
button it leads to
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=800706BA.
Music files play fine.

I have a new HP a1640n and tried to do an upgrade to RTM Ultimate.
Everything else seemed to work that I could tell. All devices were
recognized and had drivers. It even upgraded the audio and video driver
(Intel G965) during Windows update. Removed most every preinstalled
application that comes with the retail system that might affect audio and
video but no luck. I then tried a fresh install of Ultimate but I get the
same thing.

Searching online for that error had references to disabling the UDP port for
streaming which I tried but no luck either.

One last note, if I open a video file and click stop. Then try and open up
another video file and then click web help, it leads me to this article,
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=800706BA.
The sound card the built in Realtek device.
=?Utf-8?B?Q2U=?=

RE: Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player
Same case here, but this is a PC that I built. I remember having seen some
video blocked by DRM, I didn't try any video before, but after that even the
Help demos fail with that same error.

It's very frustrating since playing movies was the main purpose of this PC

"cannedsoda" wrote:

> When trying to play some of the sample wmv files in windows media player I
> get no video or sound (the bear, butterfly and lake samples) . If I stop the
> video and press play again an error pops up with "Windows media player cannot
> perform the requested action at this time". If I click on the web help
> button it leads to
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=800706BA.
> Music files play fine.
>
> I have a new HP a1640n and tried to do an upgrade to RTM Ultimate.
> Everything else seemed to work that I could tell. All devices were
> recognized and had drivers. It even upgraded the audio and video driver
> (Intel G965) during Windows update. Removed most every preinstalled
> application that comes with the retail system that might affect audio and
> video but no luck. I then tried a fresh install of Ultimate but I get the
> same thing.
>
> Searching online for that error had references to disabling the UDP port for
> streaming which I tried but no luck either.
>
> One last note, if I open a video file and click stop. Then try and open up
> another video file and then click web help, it leads me to this article,
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...nalid=800706BA.
> The sound card the built in Realtek device.

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9lIE4=?=

RE: Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player
It was the Intel G965 driver. The one that comes with Vista and the latest
one dated 12-18-06 did not work. But I went to Intel's site and downloaded
it from them (also dated 12-18-06) and that worked. Weird...
=?Utf-8?B?Q2U=?=

RE: Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player
Joe N:

Thanks, it was VERY frustrating and that did it.

I previously downloaded all the Windows Vista driver for my Intel DG965SS
board (by the way, there it's easier if you go to "Support" then from there
click a link to the "latest drivers & downloads" and select Vista ... Vista
doesn't show if you go first to "Downloads" instead of Support).

So I used the graphic drivers (file GFX_VISTA32_15.0.0.1111_PV). I
installed it, and it warned me that it was going to install a version older
than the one I had, but after your post I clicked Yes to overwrite it (I
guess I previously chose no). It overwrote it and the videos finally,
finally play.

That cleared all the problems that I had, I couldn't even upgrade my
"Windows Experience" score, nor run Media Center because of this.

Thanks a lot!

"Joe N" wrote:

> It was the Intel G965 driver. The one that comes with Vista and the latest
> one dated 12-18-06 did not work. But I went to Intel's site and downloaded
> it from them (also dated 12-18-06) and that worked. Weird...

Clint Langham

RE: Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video inMedia Player
I was having the exact same problem. Went to Intel's website and downloaded the current driver for Vista (GFX_VISTA_15.0.2.1132.PV) It was an older version than what Vista provides(...1138.PV) but it is the one that works. No problems, now I can enjoy Windows Media Center. The reason I bought Vista Home Premium.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
=?Utf-8?B?dGVxZ2Rs?=

RE: Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player
Hi,
I have the exact same problems with the media player, The problem is that I
can't find an older Graphics accelerator driver that is compatible with Vista
, they are all compatible with XP or earlier OS. My MB is an Intel D946GZIS
and the latest and only driver I can find for it is the ver. 15.2.64.1214
release date 2/27/2007 , what can I do?
It really is very frustrating, please help!

"Joe N" wrote:

> It was the Intel G965 driver. The one that comes with Vista and the latest
> one dated 12-18-06 did not work. But I went to Intel's site and downloaded
> it from them (also dated 12-18-06) and that worked. Weird...

=?Utf-8?B?dGVxZ2Rs?=

RE: Vista error C00D11D4 when trying to play video in Media Player
Finally, I found it!!! Graphics Media Accelerator ver. 15.1 was the solution.
thanks JOE N for the tip about downloading an earlier version of the driver!