Video quality problems playing wmr files in WMP11

Eran

Video quality problems playing wmr files in WMP11
Hi all and happy new year.

Using Vista and WMP11 (with DirectX 10), the video playing .wmr files is
very poor. I have a flashing green line along the bottom. There is ghosting
in the video as well as flashing yellow shapes.
(These files play fine on Windows 2000 on the same machine.)

Other files such as .asf play fine. DVD video works fine too.

I unchecked "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV file" in the
options, but it did not help.

I wanted to try and disable the video card hardware acceleration, but I
can't find where Microsoft moved it to in Vista.

Updating video driver is not an option. (Using Microsoft XDDM video driver.)

I am thinking that this is a codec problem. Perhaps the new wmr codec in WMP
11 is not 100% backwards compatible.

Any ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eran

=?Utf-8?B?ZGlydHllc2FuY2hlekBob3RtYWlsLmNvbQ==?=

RE: Video quality problems playing wmr files in WMP11
i have the same problem. and it happens with the setup video for windows
media center too.

"Eran" wrote:

> Hi all and happy new year.
>
> Using Vista and WMP11 (with DirectX 10), the video playing .wmr files is
> very poor. I have a flashing green line along the bottom. There is ghosting
> in the video as well as flashing yellow shapes.
> (These files play fine on Windows 2000 on the same machine.)
>
> Other files such as .asf play fine. DVD video works fine too.
>
> I unchecked "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV file" in the
> options, but it did not help.
>
> I wanted to try and disable the video card hardware acceleration, but I
> can't find where Microsoft moved it to in Vista.
>
> Updating video driver is not an option. (Using Microsoft XDDM video driver.)
>
> I am thinking that this is a codec problem. Perhaps the new wmr codec in WMP
> 11 is not 100% backwards compatible.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eran

=?Utf-8?B?dHR0?=

RE: Video quality problems playing wmr files in WMP11

same problem here. i also had to restart the media center when trying to
play the sample vids for the first time.
"Eran" wrote:

> Hi all and happy new year.
>
> Using Vista and WMP11 (with DirectX 10), the video playing .wmr files is
> very poor. I have a flashing green line along the bottom. There is ghosting
> in the video as well as flashing yellow shapes.
> (These files play fine on Windows 2000 on the same machine.)
>
> Other files such as .asf play fine. DVD video works fine too.
>
> I unchecked "Turn on DirectX Video Acceleration for WMV file" in the
> options, but it did not help.
>
> I wanted to try and disable the video card hardware acceleration, but I
> can't find where Microsoft moved it to in Vista.
>
> Updating video driver is not an option. (Using Microsoft XDDM video driver.)
>
> I am thinking that this is a codec problem. Perhaps the new wmr codec in WMP
> 11 is not 100% backwards compatible.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eran

=?Utf-8?B?THVrZSBOZw==?=

RE: Video quality problems playing wmr files in WMP11
I have the same problem, even playing avi files even though they work with
divx perfectly.
Changing the hardware accelerator doesnt work.

Hope someone comes up with the solution soon!