Napster not working inside Windows Media Player 11?

=?Utf-8?B?VGVjaG5vTWFyaw==?=

Napster not working inside Windows Media Player 11?
So running Vista RTM is there any reason why you cannot use the Napster
online store? The software from Napster says it installs (did an Admin
installation, multiple times) but when I select Napster I just get a red x in
the Windows Media Player window like it cannot load the control? Uninstalled
and reinstalled multiple times? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark
=?Utf-8?B?QmFscHJheA==?=

RE: Napster not working inside Windows Media Player 11?
I am having the same problem. For some reason, things were fine when I was
running WMP11 on Windows XP with Napster plug in, now it is broken. Help
plllz

"TechnoMark" wrote:

> So running Vista RTM is there any reason why you cannot use the Napster
> online store? The software from Napster says it installs (did an Admin
> installation, multiple times) but when I select Napster I just get a red x in
> the Windows Media Player window like it cannot load the control? Uninstalled
> and reinstalled multiple times? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Mike Ketchen

Re: Napster not working inside Windows Media Player 11?
The Napster plugin hasn't been updated in a long time. Napster should work
using the standalone Napster client. You can use it to download and purchase
music. Once the music is on your machine, Windows Media Player should play
it.

Mike

"Balprax" <Balprax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the same problem. For some reason, things were fine when I was
> running WMP11 on Windows XP with Napster plug in, now it is broken. Help
> plllz
>
> "TechnoMark" wrote:
>
>> So running Vista RTM is there any reason why you cannot use the Napster
>> online store? The software from Napster says it installs (did an Admin
>> installation, multiple times) but when I select Napster I just get a red
>> x in
>> the Windows Media Player window like it cannot load the control?
>> Uninstalled
>> and reinstalled multiple times? Any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark

=?Utf-8?B?dmlzdGFzQCMkJQ==?=

RE: Napster not working inside Windows Media Player 11?
My Computer came with Vista and NAPSTER and you can't even use it. You seem
to download songs, but get an error everytime you try to play them-- "Please
try again later"

"TechnoMark" wrote:

> So running Vista RTM is there any reason why you cannot use the Napster
> online store? The software from Napster says it installs (did an Admin
> installation, multiple times) but when I select Napster I just get a red x in
> the Windows Media Player window like it cannot load the control? Uninstalled
> and reinstalled multiple times? Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

olivia816 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Napster Plug-in Now Works!
I was experiencing the same problem (on both XP and Vista machines) and had installed the Napster client software as a work-around. I now noticed that the plug-in contains full images and links within the WMP11 UI and no longer contains the red 'X' errors. Try re-installing the plug-in as it now appears to be working without any problems on XP and Vista.